Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Import seems to misinterpret EXIF date time

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My setting: Ventura 13.0.1 (on M1 MacBook) and LR Classic 12.0.1

When I import *new* images from an iPhone, the import dialog shows *all* images (see separate bug report) and: 

1. it shows images in an abritrary order despite the option "sort by date". It seems as the sort takes some other information, but not the true datetime.

2. when it come to organize the images into subfolders by date, the images are moved to the wrong folders!! For example, I have not taken any picutre today, but the dialog shows 48 images to be inserted to the folder 2022-11-27. Looks like random behavior....

The import works fine in 11.x and before. I did not change any settings.  

Best regards,

Erik

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Updating status - adding bug number

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The February 2023  updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
55 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, where after upgrading to LR Classic 12.2, LR is not recognizing as previously imported hundreds of photos on my iPhone 13 Pro, while connecting via USB cable. It was working correctly before the upgrade.

Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1. This needs to be fixed ASAP. Long time Mac/LR/iPhone user and I have never had this problem before. Thanks, -Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been resolved? I spent ages on the phone with Adobe testing this and they just pointed the finger at Apple. It was treated as a mystery when I asked them about it, versus something they were probably working on in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Has this been resolved?"

The second pinned reply at the top of this thread from Adobe employee Rikk Flohr says it was fixed in LR 12.2.

As a first step, do the menu command Help > System Info and verify that you are on the latest version, LR 12.2.1.  If after verifying you've got 12.2.1 you're still experiencing the problem, I suggest starting a new thread, including all the details of what you're experiencing:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idi-p/12386373

This thread is marked "Fixed", and subsequent replies to fixed threads tend to get lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 12.2.1 update it seems to be fixed. I had to import a bunch of duplicate images I had already imported one more time and delete them, and since then it seems to be recognizing previously-imported photos correctly now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out the issue is not in fact fixed. I am still having the same problem, even after upgrading Lightroom Classic to 13.0.2 and Mac OS Ventura 13.6.1 and iPhone iOS 17.1.2.

I have contacted Adobe Support and been transferred to 3 different agents who keep asking for evidence of the problem, which I provide, and so far no response with any solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate