• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: ISO Adaptive Presets and Color Grading

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me: Any clue why my newly built Lightroom preset - that has color grading selected when created - doesn’t actually apply color grading to images when selected? My color grading only presets work just fine, but not ISO adaptive ones. Adobe, fix this please. 

From AdobeCare: Hi Dave, thanks for the heads up. Has this preset ever worked since you created it? Would you mind reviewing the process of creating an ISO adaptive preset in Lightroom Classic and see if that helps? See: helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-clas… Thanks, ^AK

Me: Thanks - this is a new one, so never worked. I have several other ISO adaptive presets (made before Color Grading) and they all still work fine (but with no color grading). I was finally getting around to making one with Color Grading included. I do have Color Grading only presets that work (not adaptive). Reviewing now

Me: Reviewed, that’s exactly what I did. Images from ISO 320/800/1600/3200/6400, checked that the only difference between them was the sharpening and noise settings otherwise all other settings (used in the preset selection) were identical.

From AdobeCare: Hi Dave, it would really help if you can share your feedback on our community: feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_fami… Since this issue might need a review from our product developers, share the preset file with your post so that our engineers can look into it. Thanks, ^AK

Here is a screen shot of building the preset. You can see the title, that Color Grading is selected, and what Color Grading is set (and all of the images in the adaptive preset selection had the same Color Grading. 

BuildPreset-ea311fd7-17d7-4cad-bff7-61461cd30f97-1886816576.jpgBuildPreset-ea311fd7-17d7-4cad-bff7-61461cd30f97-1886816576.jpg

Then you can see when I apply it: (all setting other than Color Grading come through just fine)

ApplyPreset-3d776a0e-b955-4eba-897d-399d3ec0e5c9-1771963968.jpgApplyPreset-3d776a0e-b955-4eba-897d-399d3ec0e5c9-1771963968.jpg

MacOS 11.2 (2.4GHz 8-core i9, 64GB Ram, Radeon 5600M 8GB, 2TB SSD) Full Creative Cloud running Adobe PS Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 with Camera Raw 13.1. I thought I had noticed this a month or two ago, before upgrading to OS11.2, but I was distracted with other projects so I ignored testing it at the time. 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Greetings,

Updates to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web, were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonsoir, remarque, dans la documentation LrC actuellement en ligne,celle-ci ne site pas "Color Gradig", mais l'ancienne dénomination "Split Toning" qui est rlative aux versons précédentes de LrC, peut-être que cette modification a été omise lors des créations des versions actuelles !

Google translate :
Good night, points out, in online documentation LrC, this one not site not ' Color Gradig ', but the ancient name ' Split Toning ' which is rlative in let us overturn previous of LrC, perhaps that this modification was skipped during creations of actual versions!

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/develop-module-tools.html

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can duplicate this issue.  Probably and oversight when they added Color Grading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@robert_somrak That’s what I’m thinking. I also duplicated it on my older MBP. 

🤔 I wonder how long before they fix it ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@yves_crausaz the translation is likely causing me to miss your suggestion, but that link had information for a 2018 release. Long before color grading or ISO adaptive presets existed. 

This is looking like a wait and see when Adobe fixes it and until then have to use my adaptive preset and then a separate color grading preset. Color Grading had finally helped me to regularly match the colors my Canon 1DXII and 5DSR produced when using the Sony A9II and A7RIV. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, mais c'est ici que nous emnmène l'aide de Adobe depuis LrC.... Donc il faut que les ingénieurs de Adobe contrôlent ce point.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I have this correct?

If the ISO-Adaptive Preset box is checked, the Color Grading portion of the preset is not applied.

If unchecked the Preset behaves normally?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk 

Correct Rikk

When you create an ISO Adaptive Preset some settings are not included in the ISO Adaptive section of the preset which is expected. An example is Tone Curve. When you create the preset, the Tone Curve data is included in the NON ISO Adaptive section and appears to be derived from the Most Selected photo which seems like a good design. Unfortunately, it looks like when you have Color Grading set on the Most Selected photo the Color Grading data is not included in the ISO Adaptive preset anywhere even though you can select Color Grading in the dialog. I didn't expect it to be in the ISO Adaptive section but I expected it to be in the NON ISO Adaptive section somewhere. This to me is an inconsistent design/glitch/bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly - never assumed Color Grading would be adaptive, but it should apply as a non adaptive. They made a check box for it and everything 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s correct - even though they made a check box for color gradingin the dialogue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with the latest update this is still an issue. Adobe, are you reading these, got any plans to fix this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Dave that this is still an issue.  I should be an easy fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug report is marked as "Acknowledged" and has been entered into Adobe's internal bug tracking.  Adobe rarely indicates when they plan on fixing a bug, unfortunately.  This bug report will get updated whenever it does get fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web, were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rikk Thanks, that’s great news. Really will speed up my editing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate