• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Issues syncing videos with Lightroom Classic CC and Mobile

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video syncing is inconsistent.  Some videos are only showing up only in LR iOS Mobile while others only show up in Light room Classic CC.

• Lightroom Classic CC v 7.4
  • Lightroom iOS Mobile v. 3.3.0.7E41A6  (running on ios v 11.4) issues reported are seen on an ipad and iphone 6 - identical results
  • Windows 10 PC
  •  
  • LR iOS  Mobile  shows 263 photos in the All synced photos, which include 9 videos.
  • LR Classic CC shows 254 photos in the All synced photos and does not show the 9 videos.
  • LR Cloud shows 263 - (254 photo and 9 videos).
  • the 9 videos have auto imported into my collection and into the LT Classic CC catalog and now do reside in my windows 10 PC HDD
  • three of the videos were removed from the synced collection  They are no longer in the Classic CC all synced count,  but continued to exist in the iOS all synced and can be viewed in iOS mobile
  • 6 are new from yesterday and show in the collection, tha iOS all synced, but do not how in the Classic CC all synced

Seems like there is an inconsistency with video between the versions of LR and between what is reported in the various collections

FYI - i use an "Auto Add" collection (iOS Inbox) to auto added photos and videos from the iOS camera roll.  The photos are "auto imported" into dated folders in my desktop catalog.  Seems like the videos are importing  correctly although it did seem to fail on 2 - 1GB video files earlier int he week.  

I have been very happy with this method of getting photos from my iPhone to my LR Desktop, but am now nervous and double check everything before i delete my originals from my iphone's camera roll.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Updating Status

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
22 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the videos are in HEVC format.  The latest LR Mobile and LR CC can now handle HEVC format, but LR Classic (desktop) on Windows cannot.  

On your iOS device, change Settings > Camera > Formats to Most Compatible. Shoot a test video and see if it syncs to LR Classic properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ir aounsa like mobile and cloud match at 263, which is what I'd expect.

Classic only has partial sync capabilities, so it downloads videos from the cloud but doesn't include them in its sync count because it can't upload videos or changed video metadata. So that showing 254 photos only also sounds correct (but admittedly confusing). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooooh my keyboard seems to have had issues. aounsa?!? 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have compatible mode set.   there were five videos recorded at the same event.  3 were about 500 Mb and they uploaded fine.  Two were about 1 Gb and those to did not auto add.   I had to manually transfer them to my windows PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As confusing as this is, i guess the count issue makes sense and i will watch it now. 

It is a bit frustrating though that the classic and cloud version of LR treat videos differently.  I'm really looking forward to a seamless, almost brainless transfer of items (photos & videos) shot on my iPhone to my windows desktop (LR Classic CC). My desktop is the center of my photo universe and LR Cloud is the center of uploading and syncing/sharing the top photos i want on all my devices to show to family and friends when we are away from my PC.

But this does not answer why the two larger videos (about 1Gb) did not auto add.

How do i remove the 9 videos from the cloud and syncing with my mobile devices?  with photos, i simple remove them from the "auto Add collection" and they stop syncing,   These nine videos are consuming part of my storage and i don't want or need them in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I use an'Auto Add' collection (iOS Inbox) to auto added photos and videos from the iOS camera roll.  The photos are "auto imported" into dated folders in my desktop catalog. ... How do i remove the 9 videos from the cloud and syncing with my mobile devices?"

To test my understanding, in LR Mobile, you've got the settings General > Auto Add Photos and Auto Add Videos turned on.  And you're syncing LR Classic (desktop) with LR CC.

If that is the case, then delete the videos from the LR CC desktop app, LR Web, or LR Mobile (they won't get deleted from LR Classic).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now today, i'm having trouble getting photos shot on my iphone 6 (iOS11.4) to auto add photos.

I shot 12 photos at an event and they have not uploaded to the cloud.  I shot another single photo and it did not upload.  I shot two photos on my iPad at the same location and same wifi and they uploaded.

i finally powered off my phone and turned it back on, still not uploading.   i shot another photo on the phone and this and only this photo has uploaded and the the original 12 + the one. 

This is getting very frustrating.  I do not want to move to icloud to upload my photos.  I love the whole concept of the two version of Lightroom, but the simplest of things, need to work.

I did not have this issue prior to the latest Classic CC and Mobile updates.

I bought into the idea of monthly subscription cost, but will have to reconsider if we keep having intermittent issues like this.

Any idea what's happening?

update,,,,,  since i restarted my phone, it appears to be working for now.

besides manually adding the missing 12 photos, is there a way to "resync" the shoot?

manually adding 12 is not to bad to cross check and make sure i got all the ones that did not upload, but it would be painful if i had a large quantity.

another point of info that might help you debug,,,,,, when i was shooting those 12 photos, may not have had wifi access and i do not have use cellular turned on.  but moments after shooting the last one i would have been on wifi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are the 12 photos in the iOS app ok? If not, adding them manually is quite simple, as LR puts a LR icon in the corner of the photos that have already been added, so you don't miss any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and yet another sync issue with LR Classic...

I can’t believe Adobe thinks the development of sync functions of Classic is « completed »

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ABSOLUTELY AGREE (yes i used caps) see my comment above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, i thought i had replied..... now my comment is missing, so going to try again,,,, Yes i can manually go in and check to see which photos have or have not uploaded and imported,  But i shouldn't have to.  This is extra steps, do it and audit that all photos have been imported before i delete the photos in the camera roll before my next shooting adventure.  this is not a LR Classic CC issue.  This is a mobile issue and one I don't remember seeing in previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(F... some parts of my comments are missing too... it happens a lot this forum)

I said:
It would be like Microsoft saying « Nope, Windows 8 is just perfect as it is... no updates needed, folks »

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I agree you shouldn't have to, but I haven't seen a flood of reports and it's not happening on your other devices. If I was in your shoes, I'd add any extra photos, make sure they've synced to the cloud (and perhaps back down to Classic) and then delete the app, reboot the phone and reinstall. Hopefully that'll solve it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank u @victoria bampton your words will surely help the one in problem .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well mine aren't showing up. They are in LR Classic, they are in the shared collection in LR classic, but they aren't uploaded to LR web or LR mobile. If I upload them manually, LR classic redownloads and duplicates them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that's the expected behavior: Sync will download photos from LR Cloud to LR Classic but it won't upload them from LR Classic to LR Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it does upload smart-previews, and if videos are part of the project it could just upload them.

And if I upload them manual it could recognize the file hash, instead of duplicating and redownloading them.

So no, not expected behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully agree, it's not what users expect or want. By "expected" I meant that LR is behaving as designed, i.e. it's not a bug.  I'll merge your comment into the topic requesting this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the appropriate feature request.

Please reference the new conversation here: Upload videos from LR Classic to LR Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating Status

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no documentation that states the obvious, LR Classic doesn't support video sync. When I add a video in LR Classic to a synced collection I don't get an error message. If there's an actual feature request for this, can you please add in the correct link? The current one is dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate