• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Last used preset is not selected when exporting

LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In earlier versions of LR the latest used preset, when choosing Export was highlighted. Now it ́s not. It is choosed, but you can ́t be certain.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012
This issue has been fixed in Lightroom 4.1, which is now available. To download the 4.1 update, go to the Help menu in Lightroom and choose "Check for Updates".

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see the same (Win7 64 Bit, 4.1 RC).

Seems that LR4 is doing something in the background after opening the export dialog, and when that is done, the selection disappears (duration seems to depend on the number of photos selected, ca. 1/2s for ~200 photos). If the preset is not selected again by hand, it will remain unselected in all following exports.

Not a very critical problem, but one is always slightly insecure if the previously used export preset is still active or not (I always click on the preset again - just to be sure).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you said, it ́s not a big issue but it has been woorking on previus versions of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually quite a big issue for me. I often export files at 3 different sizes. I have these different sizes set up as presets. After each preset with LR3, I could use the curser keys to quickly select the next preset.

Because the previous preset is no longer selected, I now can't use the curser to quickly select my next preset down. I can sometimes be exporting pictures into 40 different folders and this has slowed me down considerably. It makes LR4 very frustrating to use compared with LR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rolf, this one's in our bug database. Hasn't been made a high priority, but having people actually notice a problem always helps bump it up the list. ;-)

-Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great that you are looking into this - Thanks Ben. For me, it's probably the only frustrating thing with LR4 (but everyone's priorities are different, I guess).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be fixed now in 4.1 RC2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is now fixed in the second Lightroom 4.1 public Release Candidate, which can be downloaded here:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/light...

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been fixed in Lightroom 4.1, which is now available. To download the 4.1 update, go to the Help menu in Lightroom and choose "Check for Updates".

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It still happens in LR 4.1 final. After the export dialog is opened, the last used preset is not selected at once - it takes a fraction of a second to become selected. If you manage to hit Return (or Escape) before that happens, the selection is lost the next time the export dialog is opened (however, the export settings themselves are still preserved).

Not a big deal, though: If you hit Return so quickly, you won't probably want to check for the correct preset anyway 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate