• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Mobile sync shifts colors in images

LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom Mobile to sync files for uploading to Instagram, and I noticed that the colors in the synced files are different than the originals and photos exported directly from Lightroom. I just started experiencing this problem since the latest update to Lightroom last week. The photos below shows an example.

Original exported from Lightroom:
RackMultipart2016092998468m6ge-2750b83d-7a17-40b5-9dc0-4d69198079fa-871112797.jpgRackMultipart2016092998468m6ge-2750b83d-7a17-40b5-9dc0-4d69198079fa-871112797.jpg

Synced copy exported from Lightroom Mobile:
RackMultipart20160929101395ryo-a547ac18-24e5-4813-9ddd-2bbe78ccb9dc-353194592.jpgRackMultipart20160929101395ryo-a547ac18-24e5-4813-9ddd-2bbe78ccb9dc-353194592.jpg

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

An update:

The problem that you encountered is due to a lack of support on our cloud services for custom camera profiles.  

Additionally, we recently changed where previews were generated, moving them from Lightroom desktop to our cloud services, in order to improve performance.

But, given the lack of support for custom profiles, there is no way to create the same previews you get on the desktop.

We are looking at changing back the behavior in the case of custom profiles, in order to address yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
16 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I'll contact you directly to get some more info to diagnose this issue.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

When you are doing an export from Lightroom Desktop, are you setting any color space (for eg , sRGB) and then exporting it ?
When the sync has happened to LrMobile (Android) , do you see the same rendition (as in LrD) or when you export from LrAndroid, you see a different rendition ?

Thanks,
Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arjun,

Looks like the problem here is related to use of a custom camera profile.  We're looking into options here given the workflow has changed recently.  I think we have the info we need from Jeff right now.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update:

The problem that you encountered is due to a lack of support on our cloud services for custom camera profiles.  

Additionally, we recently changed where previews were generated, moving them from Lightroom desktop to our cloud services, in order to improve performance.

But, given the lack of support for custom profiles, there is no way to create the same previews you get on the desktop.

We are looking at changing back the behavior in the case of custom profiles, in order to address your workflow, in the short term.

Supporting custom profiles (and thus supporting editing as well) on Lightroom Mobile is a longer term goal.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this change has caused you.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting know of this. Has quite an impact on the usefulness of Lightroom's sync functionalities (for example, can't let downloads be made available via Lightroom Web, as long as the export doesn't support custom profiles).

To be clear, with "custom profiles" you mean any changes to sliders under Camera Calibration, not using camera-native profiles (like Nikon's camera profiles for their Picture Styles) or other native profiles (like VSCO's camera profiles) without touching the sliders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Custom profiles being those that don't ship with LR (e.g. VSCO ones, ones you create yourself) and also some of the Fuji profiles weren't available last time I checked either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria is correct. Lightroom's built-in camera profiles (eg, Camera Deep) work fine, but any you created or installed will not sync at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please get a way to change the camera profiles on imported RAWs in Lightroom Mobile? I'd really prefer to use my camera's standard profile, but LRM sets them all to "Adobe Standard" which really doesn't look as good for my Fuji photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, any updates here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I use custom color profiles in LR CC Classic, but sync on LR CC mobile and web are impossible because the color profile does not follow! Suffice to say that the cloud part is useless to me!
If you could look into this problem it would be great!
Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DCP format camera profiles can now be synced to your mobile devices via the cloud. The trick is to install the Lightroom CC desktop app and import the profiles (and any presets, which you're there, because they'll all sync now!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 users can't install LR CC desktop and anyone who uses LR Classic exclusively probably shouldn't. People in this group still have no solution or is there another to manually install custom camera profiles on the mobile device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a solution for Windows 7 users at the moment, you're right. Those who use LR Classic with LRCC mobile would be fine to install LRCC desktop for the purpose of uploading profiles. As long as they don't attempt to migrate their catalog, it would only pull down smart previews like the mobile apps, and wouldn't interfere with their Classic catalog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Victoria. Has anyone actually tested loading LR CC desktop 1.4 along side LR Classic 7.4 solely for the purpose of uploading custom camera profiles?
I still think it makes good sense for Adobe to simply added this capability to LR Classic. There are a large number of people using LR Classic with LR CC Mobile due to limitations of LR CC desktop. These are also the people most likely to be using custom camera profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tested it in a virtual machine on a fresh Adobe ID and it worked well.

While I'd like to see it added to Classic, I suspect upload facilities are more likely to be added to Lightroom Web than Lightroom Classic, based on the statements made last October about no further sync functionality being added to Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is working for me! I had to install the Lightroom CC desktop app on my daughter's computer since mine is Windows 7, but the process was completely automatic after I imported the profiles. I wish they would have added this functionality to Lightroom Classic, but it's a simple workaround that works well. I also tested using some film negative conversion profiles and those worked perfectly also.

Votes

Translate

Translate