• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LR5.2 flickr publish causes all photo collections to only show the flickr set being published

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Lightroom to 5.2. When I publish photos to flickr, then click back to a different collection, the photos shown in the grid are photos from the flickr set being published instead. This happens every time I publish to flickr. Occasionally, photos in other collections disappear instead, once I begin publishing.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013
Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in the Lightroom 5.3 Public RC, which can be downloaded here:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/li...

If the 5.3 Public RC does not fix the issue for you, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
84 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original problem was merged with this one. I have updated to 5.3 which has fixed the issue caused by minimised publish sections. It hasn't fixed the other issue I reported which was that if you have a publish service with only one folder in it you cannot get back to the folder after you click in another publish service folder.

I have two publish services with only one folder in each of them. I have other publish services with multiple folders. If I click the single folder to view the pictures in that publish service all is fine. I then click in a folder in another publish service I am shown the photos in the newly clicked folder. The first folder remains highlighted in a light grey and if I click on it the grid of photos doesn't change. If I click on another folder in another publish service all previous last selected folders in each publish service remain grey. I can switch between folders as long as there is more than one in each publish service.

I'm happy to do a screen capture video if my rambling isn't clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this problem where my grid view is stuck on a published collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed in Lr5.3RC - give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

A screen capture video would be very helpful, thank you!

-Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

I haven't had the problem for a couple of days but it came back this morning so I did a screen capture video using quicktime. I don't think it recorded sound but you can see me clicking on publish folders in different publish services. Selected folders in one service don't lose their pale grey selected state when I click on a folder in another service. Only if I click on another folder in the same service will the previous selected folder "deselect" and the grid of thumbnails change. I don't recall the sequence of events before this issue occurs, sorry!

http://youtu.be/uu3GktBy6-o

Hope this helps

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I see what you mean. It looks like within each publish service, any collection you click on remains in some weird quasi-selected state until you click on another collection within the same service. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce this problem myself yet. If it happens again, and you know what you did to get into the state in the first place, let me know. Out of curiosity, if you quit and relaunch, does this problem go away?

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Quitting and relaunching clears the problem. I'm really not sure how it started but if I stumble on it again I'll let you know.

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

One of the Lightroom engineers sees this problem occasionally as well. I worked with him today, but we weren't able to get it to happen at the time. We'll keep at it, but in the meantime, I have a workaround for you (other than quitting and relaunching Lightroom). For publish services which have only one collection, if you command/control-click on the "selected" collection, that should deselect it. Then you should be able to click on it to get it properly selected. Let me know if that works.

-Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Ben,

Thanks loads for the tip. It will ease frustration until the mechanism behind this bug is found and fixed. I'll be sure to try it next time it occurs.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate