• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LR5.2 flickr publish causes all photo collections to only show the flickr set being published

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Lightroom to 5.2. When I publish photos to flickr, then click back to a different collection, the photos shown in the grid are photos from the flickr set being published instead. This happens every time I publish to flickr. Occasionally, photos in other collections disappear instead, once I begin publishing.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013
Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in the Lightroom 5.3 Public RC, which can be downloaded here:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/li...

If the 5.3 Public RC does not fix the issue for you, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
84 Comments
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2013 Sep 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.... HELP PLEASE.
Is there a possibility to go back to Lightroom 5 until they have fixed this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not just a flickr publish problem. This happens when working with ANY Publish Collection. I have the same problem when working with the Photoshelter Publish Collection.

I've heard that there were bugs with the Publish Collection since 5.0. But something changed in 5.2 to make any use of the Publish Collection basically trap you in that collection. There is no returning to the main gallery short of closing the program and restarting. I have been using Lightroom since the version 1 beta, so I am very familiar with its use, and I have not had such an adverse usability issue like this until this update to 5.2.

I am getting by in the mean time by trying to do most of my work in the main galleries/collections before publishing photos. If there is a need to return to my other photos, I have to close Lightroom and reopen. A restart does get things back to normal, but be very careful working on photos once you have clicked on one of your publish collections and try to switch back: you may not be working on the photo that you think you are!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help...... there is still no answer to this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help. Same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hearing a few similar reports, but I haven't been able to reproduce it myself yet. Which OS are you all using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing LR 5.2 I have found that LR tend to not update the content of the grid view when I switch folder or collection or apply filter. Switching to Develop module and back does not help - I actually have to restart LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSX Moutain Lion

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what I experience too. Restarting L5 is what I do as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is all the same problem. I am using a MacBookPro with 10.8.2. Mountain Lion.
And Victoria.... be glad that you haven't been able to reproduce it.... it scared me..... I thought all my pictures were in one big folder (all 26.000 of them) because doing a search on whatever criteria doesn't work either. The only thing to do it shutting down and hope for the best.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope Adobe can fix this asap, because I use published smart collections quite a bit so LR 5.2 is close to useless now 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked with one user who after updating to 5.2 this was resolved by resetting the preferences in LR.

Can some of you experiencing this try resetting the LR preferences to see if that helps out?

blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-to-fix-most-issues.html#Preferences

Regards
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this after a chat with adobe support yesterday, but it did not make any difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that too, doesn't make any difference.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you let us know how many photos are in the collections you're publishing? We're wondering whether collection size is a factor. And does it straighten out if you quit and relaunch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am publishing about 20-30 photo's at the time (this time) and everything seems to be okay once you relaunch LR. But as soon as you try to publish again.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested going into a publish smart collection with only 5 photos. The problem occurs even if I don't try to publish. I just look at the photos in the collection and then the problems starts to happen. If I double click on a photo in the collection, at totaly different photo is displayed in loupe view. Also the metadata in the right panel shows data for yet another photo.

Restarting LR helps, but only until a pubilshed smart collection is used in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact description of my issue too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is 100% reproducible for me (OS X 10.8.5 on a 2013 Retina MacBook Pro).

1. Select a publish collection with a bunch of unpublished photos, in my case a smart collection with 950 of them under the SmugMug publish service. The grid view switches to the list of photos in that collection as expected.

2. Select another collection. It can be a special collection like "Previous Import" or a regular one or a smart one, doesn't matter.

The grid view continues to show the photos in the publish collection, not the photos in the newly-selected collection. Restarting Lightroom is, as far as I've found, the only way to fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One detail that may or may not be useful: you can switch to another collection without trouble if the publish collection is selected when Lightroom starts up (i.e., if it was selected when you previously quit LR). It is only if you switch to the publish collection after Lightroom is already running that things get stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help: after following the instructions and deleting the plist file I Choose a Different Catalog button fine but then only have the option to Upgrade that catalogue. I thought I could just open it as the instructions suggest. I am a little scared to upgrade it but have no other option. Please advise (quickly if possible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't upgrade - you're looking at the wrong catalog. Look for one, probably in the same location with the same name, but with a -2 on the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TY. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NB I have Cannot seem to make the resetting in preferences work. I select my current catalog but it always wants me to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems we all have the same problem. Please help.... every time I close down LR I am afraid my pictures will be damaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies: I can now confirm that this fix works (for me). I found my 2013-2 catalog and voila. Thanks to Victoria Bampton too.

Votes

Translate

Translate