Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

P: macOS Sierra 10.12.6 - memory leak during Import or when left open for long periods

4 Votes
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P: macOS Sierra 10.12.6 - memory leak during Import or when left open for long periods

Bug Won't fix
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had new problems in 2015.12 related to running out of "application memory" during import of new photographs, and once it just got hung during import.   Also prior to executing the import I sometimes see a list of photographs that are in a neighboring folder rather than the folder I selected, and then it can't find thumbnails for those new photos.  I will try to take more specific notes about the situation it if happens again.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this previously and logged an issue for it. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, has there been any solution for this problem? I'm having a very similar issue on the same OS, 2017 MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I've seen as yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what have you been doing? Just dealing with the crashes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not leaving LR open for long periods.
Making sure I import after each shoot, so as to not have too much on the card when importing (as this 'causes it to fail). So, yeah, management of the problem, and hoping the next patch release fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IS there a solution in sight? Looks like this is a universal problem and has nothing to do with amount of RAM, the lightroom CC simply gobbles all the RAM and renders iMac in a hung state. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally worked with Adobe and they helped me revert to LR 2015.10.1 several weeks ago, and it seems to have resolved so far. I did have one RAM-related crash since then, but I think it may have been due to Safari. Hope that helps!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you guys tried Lightroom Classic CC (v7.0.1)?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, but it is too soon to tell if this problem still exists. It *does* still use a significant amount of RAM but I haven't run out completely yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines