• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Map crash

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On regular basis I get a crash in Lightroom when load a GPS track in the map module. This usually happen when I load more than one per session. When this happens restarting Lightroom and loading the GPS track again works.

The GPS track in in .gpx, generated by HoudahGPS

This problem exists since the initial beta of Lightroom 4. Still happen in the 4.3RC. This is on Mac. I have systematically sent the crash report to Adobe (check with my email address if you have access to them)

The only reason I report it here is because I was told the crash reporting is not useful.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017
This issue was fixed in Lightroom 5 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013
Thanks, Victoria. Using this tracklog, I am able to crash Lightroom, sometimes. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to come up with any reliable steps, but a crash can sometimes be caused by doing something along the lines of:

1. Load tracklog.
2. Go do some other stuff elsewhere in Lightroom for a while.
3. Return to Map module, turn off tracklog, and load tracklog again.

I've reported the bug, so we'll see if the engineers can do anything with that somewhat vague info. :-)

Thanks,
B...

Votes

Translate

Translate
26 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened. Exactly as described.

I linked this to the crash report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hub,

If I understand you correctly, it is not a single tracklog that reliably causes the problem. Rather, it occurs when you load several tracklogs in succession. Is that correct?

Can you tell me what version of the Mac OS you're using? And can you provide several of your tracklogs that I could load in series in an attempt to reproduce the problem? You could upload the tracklogs to yousendit.com or dropbox.com, or a similar service, and then post the link here.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to see the crash report. Remember that you can't use email attachments here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, crash report have been sent systematically. Tom Hogarty told me to say it here. I have put THIS URL in the last two crash reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an account to either services. I could email them. Compresed files are smaller than a PDF.

I run 10.6.8, but it occurred on the 10.7.x as well back when I tried 4.0beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the crash report here so we can read it.
It's not so easy to find your crash report in a database of thousands without more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I would link you to the crash report, but the Crash Reporting does not provide me with the means to do so, like a crash ID, a URL or a bug number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got my third tonight. I would link the crash report if I could.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bottom of the Adobe crash report includes a GUID that we can search for.
But it would be a heck of a lot faster if you would just post the crash report here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're still stuck, email it to me at members@lightroomqueen.com and I'll post the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom engineer working on Maps has looked at the crash reports which Hub submitted through the crash reporting system. The engineer still feels that it would be useful if we could reproduce the issue ourselves, which your tracklogs might help with.

Both yousendit and dropbox are free to sign up for. If you really don't want to do that, then I can send you instructions for uploading the tracklogs to me directly at Adobe over FTP, but trust, me, yousendit or dropbox is going to be easier. :-)

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To send a 544KB file? Really?

I could just email it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've already given you my email address, and I'll pass it on to Ben. Why are we going round in circles over this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the reply with the email after, for some reason. Then I was away. Will do it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. Ben, here's the file in question. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/459889/20121...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Victoria. Using this tracklog, I am able to crash Lightroom, sometimes. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to come up with any reliable steps, but a crash can sometimes be caused by doing something along the lines of:

1. Load tracklog.
2. Go do some other stuff elsewhere in Lightroom for a while.
3. Return to Map module, turn off tracklog, and load tracklog again.

I've reported the bug, so we'll see if the engineers can do anything with that somewhat vague info. :-)

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2013 Mar 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this problem frequently as well. I could provide some track logs but it seems to happen with all the track logs I've ever seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

If you have a track log that reliably crashes Lightroom every time, yes, please send it to me. If the track logs just sometimes crash Lightroom, then that probably won't give us any info beyond what we have already.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting really annoying. It happens almost every time I try to load a new tracklog when another one is loaded. And it happens with all the tracklogs I've tried.

And it frequently crashes when I switch map types (ie from terrain to satellite or road).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It that fixed in Lightroom 5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Crashes more often that not when load a gpx tracklog. Very very annoying. I've submitted several crashlogs to Apple and Adobe. Interestingly the crashlog utility claims that a solution to the problem is available but the link that's provided doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the URL that's failing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey. Thanks for the quick response. That's the odd thing -- the link that shows in the crash reporter is empty. It's clearly a link but the URL is empty so it doesn't go anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently get a very similar looking crash log when switching from one type of map to another (i.e. from Terrain to Satellite).

These problems have been reported for over a year now. I see the problem several times per day 😞 This is seriously cutting into my enthusiasm for what is otherwise an excellent tool. Is there any hope of a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate