• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Not detecting .CR3 .SRW files in import section if card is inserted prior to launching

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the Lightroom 7.3 update, .SRW files from Samsung NX cameras are filtered out when trying to import from an SD card. Only JPEG and other types are shown. The issue appears if the SD card is selected as the Source under the Devices section. The files show up normally if the SD card is selected under the Files section.

Also. If the SD card is inserted after Lightroom is opened, then the .SRW files show up everywhere as well.

It appears to be a bug with the .SRW extension, because you can take any RAW file that Lightroom would normally detect in the import dialogue and rename its extension to .SRW and then it won't be detected, unless I do the workarounds I mentioned.

In LR versions 7.2 and before, the issue isn't apparent and the .SRW files are detected in all situations.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018
Thanks for letting us know.
We have reproduced this issue internally, and are investigating it.

Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate
16 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen any reports of this so far, Warren. Sometimes weird behavior is corrected/cured by resetting the preferences. 

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.
2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom. 
3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.
4. Close Lightroom.
5. Restart Lightroom.

Are the .srw files recognized  after resetting the preferences?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reset the preferences and they are still not recognized. There are a couple of threads on Adobe forums with the same issue https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2482608#  and https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2478401#

If you don't have a .SRW file handy, you could rename another file and test it yourself. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warren,  

Can you supply a file for me that won't show up in the dialog? Upload it to Dropbox, Creative Cloud or similar where you can share it with me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I've uploaded one here https://we.tl/Ylj248IViZ
To reproduce the issue, put the file in an SD card and make sure the SD card is inserted in the PC before opening Lightroom. Then when you click import, look under the "Devices" and "Files" section of Source for that SD card and see if the file is missing in the first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Let me do some testing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know.
We have reproduced this issue internally, and are investigating it.

Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Not detecting any of my Samsung raws (.srw).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue - only with the new Canon CR3 files. Will start another topic for those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I think this is the same issue. Confirming with engineer. I may merge your new thread if it is and update this thread there's a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CR3 files not recognized in Import dialogue when the SD card is inserted before opening Lightroom. Similar to another problem with Samsung RAW files. That description modified for Canon below:

After the Lightroom 7.3 update, .CR3  files from Canon EOS M50 cameras are filtered out when trying to import from an SD card - if the card is inserted before opening the Insert dialogue. Only JPEG and other types are shown. The issue appears if the SD card is selected as the Source under the Devices section. The files show up normally if the SD card is selected under the Files section.

Also. If the SD card is inserted after Lightroom is opened, then the .CR3 files show up everywhere as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. My Lightroom CC is updated (more tan 8 version) but does not recognize the CR£ files from my new Canon EOS R camera. I also tried many programs to convert the files but there is no way to read them in my computer and on lightroom (camera raw, digital negative). They all say the file is not supported. Can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christina, could you please let us know the version of Lightroom Classic you use? The latest version is 8.2; CR3 files are supported.

Karen, could you please update Lightroom Classic to the latest version? This problem should have been fixed.

Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is 8.2, Camera Raw 11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sending you an e-mail off list to get some of the images.
Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have almost the same problem, the photos show up but when I click import only a few photos import then it seems to lock up. LR still works ok just the import stops.  MSI pro board, Samsung m.2 drive, I5 processor, 64GB crucial memory running win10...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bonjour,
je viens d'acheter le CANON R5 et malheureusement les fichiers CR3 ne s'importent pas dans Lightroom Classic 9.2.1
Camera Raw 12.2.1

Message : les fichiers semblent être endommagés ou ne pas être pris en charge

Pouvez vous m'aider car j'ai suivi les instructions indiquées ci-dessus et cela ne fonctionne pas

Votes

Translate

Translate