P: not syncing photos in synced collection after editing in Photoshop and saving as a PSD.

1 Vote
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered , and others have confirmed, that if you sync a photo that has been edited in PS and saved as a PSD the syncing status will say the photos are not synced.  See photo below.  In fact they are synced but they remain in the un-synced status forever.  When you exit the program you get an error that there are un-synced photos.  Other photos edited in LR are not affected.  I believe the problem only occurs when you edit the photo a second time after it has been previously added to a synced collection.  The majority of my work flow involves editing raw in Lightroom Classic and then round-tripping to Photoshop resulting in a psd returned to Lightroom Classic. I frequently put the edited photos into a synced collection. If I re-edit the psd, the file appears to sync across platforms but Classic reports an endless sync in progress. When I remove the file from the collection, the sync status turns green almost immediately. When i put the edited file back into the collection it immediately syncs! I did find that Photoshop editing was the issue and the problem also occurs if round-tripped in tiff, not just psd. It also didn't matter if the file was complex or very large (note that psb large format files do not sync--that is a known limitation).  All programs are up to date.  I am using Windows 10 64 bit also up to date.

LRClassicsyncstatus-b2178ae8-09cc-4859-a0de-4615e8f02320-33507308.jpgLRClassicsyncstatus-b2178ae8-09cc-4859-a0de-4615e8f02320-33507308.jpg

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020
Thank you   There is a bug in 9.4 release which blocks the re upload of binary. We are fixing this in the coming update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Lightroom Classic doesn't support syncing of PSD files yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this documented somewhere?  The LrC Sync FAQ only mentions PSB files in the "What does not sync" section.

I could be mistaken, but it certainly seems like I've synced PSD files in LrC before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested and same thing happens for me on LrC 9.4 / Win10.

• Initial sync works fine, regardless of the initial image format (tested cr2, heic, jpg, psd, & tiff).
  • Edit any of them in Ps and the second sync of the resulting psd or tiff hangs.
  • Same behavior whether you choose PSD or TIFF as the file format in LrC's external editing options.
  • Removing & re-adding the psd or tiff to the collection gets it to successfully sync again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: if the PSD file has the original in the cloud and is synced down to Lightroom Classic and any subsequent edit of that PSD file increases its size to over 200 MB the PSD will not sync back to the cloud. This is a Lightroom Classic-only limitation. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I'm aware of that 200 MB limit too.  In this case though, my test PSD's & TIFF's were purposely <100K (didn't want to be waiting for large files to sync just for testing), so that definitely wasn't coming into play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in 9.4 release which blocks the re upload of binary. We are fixing this in the coming update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

There is a bug in 9.4 release which blocks the re upload of binary. We are fixing this in the coming update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for these issues. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

I just run into same issue, cant sync any of my saved Tiff files, I have latest version of LrC and Ps.

I can see all my edited Tiff files in same folder as my LrC library are sync with, but didnt show up in lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rick

I just run into same issues, cant sync any of my saved Tiff files, I have latest version of LrC (v10,2) and Ps (v22,3) and (Camera Raw v13,2)

I can see all my edited Tiff files in same folder as my LrC library are sync with, but did not show up in lightroom.

(I also run Win10)

Votes

Translate

Translate