Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Post processing disappearing from Export window when checking presets

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a normal behavior or a bug?

Select "Export...", the export window opens, post processing is there under watermarking (top image).

Check a preset (click on the checkbox next to a preset), post processing disappears (image in the middle). 

Uncheck the preset, post processing doesn't come back (bottom image).

To get post processing back you need to click cancel, and open the export window again.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is the expected behaviour when you select Preset. This behaviour changed after introducing multi-batch Export Feature. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/exporting-photos-basic-workflow.html#multi-batch-expo.... Same warning is shown at the below dialog and provided with a help link. 

-Kanheiya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that that's the expected behavior (it is not from a customer point of view), after unchecking the preset.
The warning message says that "some sections are hidden when presets are checked". Which means that when I do uncheck the preset, the section should come back indeed the warning disappears, as I would expect.
Since the section doesn't come back, I assume it has been forgotten, while implementing the feature, to program the function that unhides the section..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By closing again the dialogue of exportation then to open it again, this option is again active. proved on macOS. For me, this resembles a neglect if they abolish coaches every, it seems to me that option should be rekindled without having close again the dialogue of Exportation.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simpler workaround is to uncheck the preset and then click on its name (not the checkbox). 

This is a bad UI design -- please vote on this feature request to change it:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-export-window-sections-shouldnt-gre...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking and clicking on the preset name doesn't make the hidden section reappear, at least for me (Win10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh, it doesn't work in general for me either (Mac or Windows).  I was initially testing with a preset that had a missing post-processing plugin:

and with that preset, the Post-Processing section comes back after unchecking and clicking the name. But it doesn't happen in general with presets that don't have such errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an obvious bug. The Post-Processing panel should vanish when presets are checked! It should just be disabled like the other panels when multiple presets are checked. All panels should be enabled when no presets are checked. I also agree that if one preset is checked, then all panels should be enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this. We have logged a bug for this. 

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to Lightroom Classic, Camera Raw, and the Lightroom Ecosystem were released yesterday and contain a fix for this issue.  Please install the appropriate update and see if it solves this problem. You can read more about the updates here.

Thank you for your patience. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, it's fixed, now it works as expected, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate