Participant ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this is broken again in LR 9.2 😞

I created a new camera specific preset which did the following:
* Set profile to Adobe Color
* Set sharpening
* Enabled lens profile correction (Default)
* Auto in the basics section
* Saved as a new Preset under User Presets, checking Auto. Sharpening, Lens Corrections, Process version are checked for me, and the basics, saturation and vibrance are all grayed out.

I then go to Preferences/Presets and use the new process. Default is Adobe Default, I check Camera Specific, select the camera model I am testing, select the new preset and Create Default for it. That all looks as expected.

To test, I selected an image in my catalog, cleared history and then Reset.

1) Auto worked for basics but did not set Saturation or Vibrance. Clicking Auto afterwards does do the right thing.
2) Clicking on the preset while in develop also does the expected action including Saturation and Vibrance.

Further, I had Adobe Color set as the profile when I created the camera specific preset. After applying this preset via Reset, the profile changes to Camera Standard. Again, clicking on the preset explicitly in develop puts this back to Adobe Color.

SUMMARY:
Saturation and Vibrance are not being set
Profile is changing to Camera Standard
Manually applying this same preset works as expected

**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.4), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE
**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series
**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)
**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for these issues. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nowhere do I see mentioned a new image was imported and the preset applied on import... I think thats the issue , no?

I really dont follow the explanation.
"After applying this preset via Reset" ... how was that done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Develop module, click on Reset at lower right. It is supposed to apply the default preset. (Refer to online docs and Laura Shoe video explaining this)

**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.4), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE
**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh ok tnx... never knew that, seeing that I never had use for the reset button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to partially replicate your issue: the auto function for Saturation & Vibrance does not get applied.
Both stay at zero, they apply ok if the same preset is manually applied in Develop

However, the profile Adobe Color does get applied correctly though (do you have Treatment& Profile selected for the preset?)

I tried this both with develop reset and a new import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, I never set Treatment & Profile! So that fixes the Adobe Color one. Thanks!

There was a previous issue with Saturation and Vibrance not being applied on import in LR 8.2 and was fixed in 8.3. It looks like this regressed.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-presets-not-working-on-import

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for reporting this and the team will investigate this issue.

-Kanheiya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have LrC 9.3 set to apply my own default preset on import.  This preset has "Auto Settings" checked.

Interestingly, Vibrance and Saturation are left at zero for all files after import.  However if I then manually apply the very same preset, Vibrance & Saturation are then properly adjusted to their individual "auto" values for all files.

Thanks for any pointers you can provide.

Here's a copy of the preset and of Lightroom's System Info report:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z5x6b8gqxcq2f8u/AABczmXfIa7znEwViP_-YS4ua?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for these issues. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate