Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Preview Header doesn't update when image is moved

LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM

In Preview thumbnail grid, I've used View Options to set Folder as one of the headers for Expanded Cells. It shows the correct folder. When I drag an image from the grid to a different folder, that Folder name does not update. It updates in the right-hand panel's Metadata section, but not in the grid.

ABOVE: View Options settings are: Expanded Cells, Show Header with Labels and Folder is the third header to be shown.

ABOVE: File moved but incorrect folder displayed in preview/thumbnail cell. The correct folder name is shown on the right in the Metadata panel.

WORKAROUND

There are only two ways to force it to update:

• Open View Options and change "Folder" to something else, such as "None." Then change it back to "Folder." the Folder name shown in the thumbnail is immediately updated.
  • Or, close Lightroom and re-open it. Folder names will then be shown correctly.

ABOVE: After updating the View Option settings, correct folder name is displayed.

OTHER INFORMATION

I'm running the latest version of Lightroom Classic (9.2) on a new Windows 10 Pro computer. I'm using Jeffrey Friedl's "Metadata Presets" plugin to show the customized metadata fields in the Metadata panel.

This seems to be a bug. I have not noticed it before. Anyone else?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can duplicate this behavior in Lr9.2 and macOS 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with LR9.2 on Win10. (For Grid view Compact and Expanded views)

Note: the name updates ok when the 'Folder' field is used in the Loupe view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 9.3, an update to Lightroom Classic, went live on June 15, 2020 and contains a fix for this issue. Please install the update and respond back if it does not cure the issue for you. Thank you for your patience!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rikk. I'd forgotten about this issue. But, today, I did check it (using version 9.4 now) and you're correct: the folder names update correctly now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate