• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Print Module, Page Set Up Crashes Lightroom Classic V 12.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. I ran across this issue yesterday, 6 Nov, and I'm not sure who (Adobe, Apple, Epson) is responsible for t/s and fix- it is frustrating. Simple to explain - fixing is another issure entirely.

I'm using a 16" 2019, Intel MacBook Pro w/32Gb Ram. I upgraded to MacOS Ventura and Lightroom Classic v12.0.1.  Going into Print Module and trying to select Page Set Up crashes Lightroom. I tried restarting the computer, resetting LR Preferences and turning off GPU Acceleration to no avail. 

Do the LR Print Module, Page Set Up and Printer Settings, pull their input from the printer manufacturer drivers? Again, I'm not sure who is responsible or even how to go about troubleshooting/fixing. Any help/advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have two projects for customers in work - I should have known better than to upgrade this soon.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Update 03/29./2023:

Apple released version 13.3 of macOS Ventura which contains a fix for this issue. Please update your Mac to version 13.3 and let us know if you continue to see the crash on Page Setup. 

Thank you for your patience

Moving Status back to Investigating - this is not a Lightroom Classic bug. Resolution will require a future update to the OS.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Apple has fixed this bug. Update to Ventura 13.3 to obtain the fix. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 277 Replies 277
277 Comments
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Roeder , You stated,

"Since then I got a new Mac mini M2 Pro and just yesterday a new Canon Pro-300.".

Have you checked with Canon to see if they have released a driver for the macOS 13 Ventura?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I set up the printer, it downloaded the driver, so I assumed it was the most up-to-date. Just checked the Canon site and the latest Mac driver is for Ventura 13, dated 11/27/22, Ver. 24.3. This is what is on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I've done some testing this morning. The first thing I did was restart my Mac. Got into LrC and the Print module. Clicked on Page Setup and CRASH.

Then I came to this forum and I saw a post somewhere in the 250 replies where someone said they used a template that came with Lightroom, so in the Print module, I selected a template from the "Lightroom Templates" group. I modified it to set up four cells of the size I wanted. It was set up to use any printer, but I added it anyway as a new template. I then held my breath and clicked on Page Setup and the Page Setup dialog box came up. Hmm.

I then selected the Canon Pro-300 from the drop-down list and added it as a new template. I went to Print Settings... and changed the appropriate settings for the paper type I wanted to use and some other settings. Right-clicked on the new template and Updated with Current Settings. I've gone back to Page Setup... numerous times and it hasn't crashed. 

Now, if I click on a template I used with my Epson printer to use as my starting point to create a new template and click on Page Setup, forget it. CRASH.

I know this would be a pain for people to have to go and re-create their templates for different paper sizes and what not, but it does seem to keep it from crashing. Hope this helps other people.

Not sure why Adobe hasn't mentioned this as a workaround, or at least tried it themselves and pinned the suggestion. Maybe it doesn't work for all the different reasons why clicking on Page Setup... crashes the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Roeder Someone had mentioned that selecting a specific printer seemed to allow page setup to work and, so far, that has been a solution for me. It's not the ultimate answer of course, as we shouldn't have to select a specific printer when we set up a template, but at least it allowed me to get some printing done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent about 4 hours yesterday with Adobe support without any solution.  The probelm apparently is happening with Apple Silicon chip computers - mine is a Mini M1.  Apple also supplied an app called Rosetta (not the language app) to allow apps that worked with Intel to work with their new silicon chips.  We tried installing Rosetta - couldn't do it.  Going to call Apple today to see what they have to say.

In the meantime, here's my work around.  I have a smart collection that collects my pintable (soft proof, etc) photos.  I pick the ones I wan to print and export them as a catalog to iCloud.  Then on my older Macbook-air (intel chips)  I import them into a LRC folder.  It's the same version of LRC and printer drivers for my Epson ET-8550 but the Mac os is 11.x which I think is Bug Sur.  Print module, page setup works fine - no crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paul412 I am no expert but using Rosetta will not resolve this problem.  Not that should you even have to install it anyway, it's just a case of ticking the 'Open with Rosetta' box in the 'Get Info' window when you right click on the application (in this case Lightroom).

I have the Rosetta box ticked in both LR and PS.  I still have this crash issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a problem just for Apple chip computers. I have a 2019 MacBook Pro (Intel) and despite numerous trials, tests and explorations, my wheels are still spinning in the Page Setup Crash quagmire. And I'm still patiently awaiting a sign from Adobe that they are aware of and working on a resolution to the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spoke with Adobe again. They're saying it's a worldwide issue with
Apple M1 silicon chips using Ventura OS13.x and they are working on it -
feverishly I hope!!

Another work around they mentioned is to use the Photoshop Print mod if you
have PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Intel chip and it crashes. I do like the PS print suggestion.

Peter
<removed for privacy>

“He who is deceived is turned into a thing.” - Mikhail Bakhtin, Russian philosopher - 1943

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not confined to apple chips, it was doing it on my 2017 intel imac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here. And everything is up to date!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

this update of MacOS (Ventura 13.3) obviously solved the problem!

Thanks for your assistence!

I'll delete the videos I posted on YouTube some weeks ago!

Carsten Thielhelm

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens consistently. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 13.3 on both an Intel MacBook Pro and an Mac Studio (M1 Max), and the update has fixed the Page Setup crash for Lightroom Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple has fixed this bug. Update to Ventura 13.3 to obtain the fix. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'utise la dernière version de Lightroom Classic sur un MacBook Pro. Ça fais au moins 2 mois que lorsque je clique sur " mise en page" pour imprimer une photo, le logiciel se ferme à chaque fois. Il m'est donc impossible de changer la mise en page. J'ai envoyé souvent le rapport à chaque fermeture comme demander. Est-ce que quelqu'un peut m'aider avec ce probléme? Je vous remercie à l'avance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ce problème vient d'être résolu avec la nouvelle mise à jour du MacOS Ventura 13.3 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally solved with Mac OS 13,3 ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally solved with MAC OS 13,3,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ventura 13.3.1 has NOT fixed this issue for me. Settings are NOT sticky. I cannot print correctly to an Epson 9890 without a LOT of jumping around through hoops, and setting changes for EACH print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dakotakid_parker 

This thread relates to a Crasher when accessing the Print Dialog. Your issue sounds like a different issue. Please post your issue in a new thread in Lightroom Classic Discussions so that the community can help you. Remember to include complete system information, step by step instructions and other pertinent details. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Rikk.

Votes

Translate

Translate