• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Problem when using copy and paste or sync in develop module with WB changed

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My operating system is MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. With the new LRClassic update 10.0. When I change the WB from As Shot to Daylight in the Develop module with the Profile at Camera Standard (Nikon D500 and D850 user) whether I have made other changes to other sections of the basic panel or not and then copy and past to another photo or sync to other photos (same sequence and same camera WB settings) the WB label changes to Daylight in the photos copied to or synched but the sliders (and the setting) do not change. I then have to go to each individual photo copied to or synched to and change wb back to as shot and then to Daylight and then it works although then the preveviews in the thumbnails in the film strip below are erractically slow to resolve. This does not happen if I have just changed the Temp or Tint slider or both but only if I have clicked on the Daylight option. I have tried disabling all plug ins and no change, I have turned of the computer completely and turned it back on etc.. .  

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released yesterday and include a fix for this issue. Please install the December update, restart your system and verify you are no longer experiencing the issue. Thank you for your assistance in reporting, providing additional information and, most of all, for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
73 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an authoritative thread for better tracking and response. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While waiting for this bug to be fixed, here all the ways I successfully set multiple selected photos to WB: Daylight (tested with multiple D850 raws set to Camera Standard, LR 10.0, Mac OS 10.15.7):

Develop, Auto Sync:
1. Go to Develop.
2. Turn on Auto Sync by clicking the toggle to the left of the Sync bottom in the lower-right corner.
3. Change WB to Daylight.
4. Turn off Auto Sync.

Develop, right-click copy/paste: (retested 11/28)
1. Go to Develop.
2. Change WB to Daylight.
3. Right-click the filmstrip thumbnail and do Develop Settings > Copy Settings; check White Balance.
4. Right-click the thumbnail and do Develop Settings > Paste Settings.

Library Grid view, Quick Develop:
1. Go to Library grid view (type "g"; not Loupe view)
2. In the Quick Develop panel, change White Balance to Daylight.

Library Loupe view, Quick Develop
1. Go to Library Loupe view (type "e")
2. Turn on Auto Sync by clicking the toggle to the left of the Sync button in the lower-right corner.
3. In the Quick Develop panel, change White Balance to Daylight.
4. Turn off Auto Sync.

Library Loupe and Grid view, with the first photo's WB already set to Daylight, right-click copy/paste: (retested 11/28)
1. Go to Library Loupe or Grid view.
2. Right-click the first photo's filmstrip thumbnail and do Develop Settings > Copy Settings; check White Balance.
3. Right-click the thumbnail and do Develop Settings > Paste Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use "Previous" function and/or "Copy/Paste Settings" to apply settings across a group of selected images for uniformity, all the settings are not pasted or moved over to the group. Specifically, what I notice most obviously is the white balance. In the panel, the title of the white balance might say "Shady" as it should be, but the temperature value still reads "5500" and it is unchanged in the image. I have to preform another two clicks, one to change the temp, then one to reselect the "Shady" option to actually make the proper change. 
How many more of my setting aren't being transferred over?? This is costing me time on hundreds of images per session I edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known bug, fixed, you'll see it in the next Release. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when that is? I'm losing hours over here with the backlog of edits I need to get done this week. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not allowed to say. In the meantime can you try Sync Settings.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While waiting for the bug to be fixed, see the first reply at the top of this thread for alternative methods for copying settings (including white balance) that don't involve more clicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry John.  I have no luck with your method of copy and paste with WB.  The name changes but the values do not.  Maybe I've missed something with your workaround..??

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which of the five methods did you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I retested all five methods, and the two right-click/copy-paste methods didn't work this time; I must have botched the initial testing. I've updated my reply above.

However, the Develop Auto Sync and Quick Develop methods continue to work, repeatedly, changing both the WB name and the sliders.  If they're not working for you, let us know the precise steps you're following, the camera model, and the file type (raw, JPEG, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Photo > Develop Settings > Copy settings" seems to copy only settings that have been adjusted. It doesn't copy white balance settings if it is wasn't changed in Lightroom. It means that if I later paste settings to a photo with different default white balance values, it doesn't change white balance of that photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known bug and fixed for next release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC 10.0 macOS 10.15.7 I can't repeat this error! Everything works well for me.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an authoritative thread for better tracking and response. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 10.1 fixes this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John_R_Ellis hope 10.1 gets rolled out soon .... not available yet for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the update this morning and it works !!! ... update also sped up brush and gradient tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released yesterday and include a fix for this issue. Please install the December update, restart your system and verify you are no longer experiencing the issue. Thank you for your assistance in reporting, providing additional information and, most of all, for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was available this morning and it works 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick 

No, update does not work on PC Win10. Just updated to LR 10.1 and Camera Raw 13.1. Same issue like before: Whitebalance can't be copied correctly.

This behaviour makes LR unreliable because it tends to be hard to detect. I avoid Lightroom since Version 10 and will go on doing so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjustment:

Copiing WB actually does work if you change WB-Settings on masterphoto and then copy WB to another photo.

But coppiing still does not work correctly if You copy existing WB-settings on masterphoto. So: The fix ist not complete - form my point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reading the original post it is now working properly. Try his procedure as shown below. Not sure what you mean by, "But coppiing still does not work correctly if You copy existing WB-settings on masterphoto." Can you be more specific.

This now works properly on my Windows 10 system using LrC 10.1.

"When I change the WB from As Shot to Daylight in the Develop module with the Profile at Camera Standard (Nikon D500 and D850 user) whether I have made other changes to other sections of the basic panel or not and then copy and past to another photo or sync to other photos (same sequence and same camera WB settings) the WB label changes to Daylight in the photos copied to or synched but the sliders (and the setting) do not change."

Votes

Translate

Translate