• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Problem when using copy and paste or sync in develop module with WB changed

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My operating system is MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. With the new LRClassic update 10.0. When I change the WB from As Shot to Daylight in the Develop module with the Profile at Camera Standard (Nikon D500 and D850 user) whether I have made other changes to other sections of the basic panel or not and then copy and past to another photo or sync to other photos (same sequence and same camera WB settings) the WB label changes to Daylight in the photos copied to or synched but the sliders (and the setting) do not change. I then have to go to each individual photo copied to or synched to and change wb back to as shot and then to Daylight and then it works although then the preveviews in the thumbnails in the film strip below are erractically slow to resolve. This does not happen if I have just changed the Temp or Tint slider or both but only if I have clicked on the Daylight option. I have tried disabling all plug ins and no change, I have turned of the computer completely and turned it back on etc.. .  

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released yesterday and include a fix for this issue. Please install the December update, restart your system and verify you are no longer experiencing the issue. Thank you for your assistance in reporting, providing additional information and, most of all, for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
73 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the same behavior on my Windows 10 system using LrC 10.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested LrC 9.4 (previous version) and it does NOT exhibit this issue so the bug was introduced in LrC 10.0. Just a confirmation for Adobe Engineering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this is happening on Catalina 10.15.7 on a MacBook Pro and Lightroom Classic 10.0 using Sony .awr files that have been converted to .dng files upon import. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Observed this yesterday. Good to see it already reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround: In Library loupe or grid view, select the photos, and in the Quick Develop panel, change White Balance to Daylight.

I haven't extensively tested it, but it worked on the few test cases I tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, on my Windows 10 system that only works in the Library Grid view, which I believe is normal behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this behavior as well and will write a bug for it. It seems to happen whenever a WB setting is changed from the drop down menu in the white balance edit panel. It behaves this way for all drop downs except Custom. Perhaps because you have to actually move a slider to make a custom setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another work around is to turn on Auto Sync in the Develop module. Good catch on this by the way. I normally work in Auto Sync mode and would never have noticed this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ... I find that most of the time my D850 does great with auto wb but my D500 frequently is a bit off from where it should be in full daylight using auto wb so that is the most frequent drop down menu I use so had not noticed the others yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rikk. I also tested ACR 13.0 and it does not exhibit the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"[It] only works in the Library Grid view"

Right. 10 years on and I stil get confused about selections and Loupe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other Rick.... 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew that! Thanks Rick........just a senior moment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10 Pro - LrC V10

I see the same behavior. In develop, changing the white balance on the main image, then selecting another image or images the Sync function does not work on the adjacent image or non-contiguous ones.  If I adjust esposure and WB, then sync, both values get synched.

In the Library module, Grid view, change the white balance in quick develop and use the Sync Settings button results in no sync of the WB. But, the WB field in quick develop does show that the value "tungsten" in this case has changed. When I try to sync the change in two values, WB and exposure, the exposure syncs, but the WB does not. 

I tried just changing the WB in Grid View on an image and nothing else. Then the sync with the adjacent image worked ok if I also had Basic Tone checked, even though I had not made any changes to those items.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Ken, for reporting this, and others for confirming.

We are able to reproduce and are investigating the issue.

Thanks,

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@arjun_haarith You'r welcome and thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select one of the standard present white balance settings (example: Daylight) and copy settings, when pasting to another photo the white balance is not applied.  If you copy a custom white balance then this is applied.

Lightroom Classic 10.0

In previous versions this worked as expected

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, something isn't right on this end either (Mac OS). 

I DO see the WB label change from say As Shot to Fluorescent but I don't see the color appearance update. I'll file a bug report. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's happening with a paste is the actual WB menu gets updated but not the image. If you actually select the WB from said menu, it works. So yes, it's a bug and Adobe is now aware of it. Good catch! 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Yes, we are aware of this issue, and it will be addressed in the future release.

As a workaround you can use 'Auto Sync'

Thanks a lot. 

Thanks,

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Lightroom Classic 10.0 Mac wont sync the whitebalance settings in the develope module. The checkbox is on for syncing whitebalance, but nothing happens with the rest of the selected images when applying the settings. This is quite annoying …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenn,

We are aware of this and are working on fixing it.

It'll be addressed in the future release.

Thanks,
Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, just letting you know this isn't limited to the Mac version, getting the same thing here on Windows, just updated last night, regretting it right now...

It updates the WB name to whatever you copied, Daylight, Custom etc but doesn't change the values Temp and Tint thus no change to the image itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Yes, we are aware of that.

As a workaround you can use 'Auto Sync' 

Thanks,

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick  

I am experiencing a similar problem with Copy and Paste. When I Check All in the copy function and then uncheck Color Grading, Color Grading is always copied anyway.  If I uncheck everything and then individually check each box except for Color Grading it works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate