• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Random white images when exporting or publishing

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed the 2015 CC edition of Light Room but am having problems publishing and exporting photographs. When either exporting to hard disk or publishing to FlickR, I'm getting 5 or 6 random, all white images.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015
Lightroom 2015.1.1 / 6.1.1 was released today and should resolve this issue. http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjourn...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 150 Replies 150
150 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow your passive aggressive comment is so helpful!!!1

No one cares dude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of people think CaptureOne Pro is better than Lightroom... Do you find your workflow as fast as using Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@richard, so far yes. LR CC with graphics acceleration enabled and CaptureOne seem to process as fast as one another. I am still getting used to the workflow change, however. It is similar, yet quite different.

If you are a fan of tethering, it does work a lot better in CaptureOne. The color reproduction in RAWs is also much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andrej, your opinion is noted... but I also got replies so and you even took the time to reply, so....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geoff comment is helpful for me. CaptureOne is a similar solution to Lightroom. Lot's of photographer (pro) that I know use it. The only thing that hold me back to switch is the price and I will have to try it...

I really like Lightroom and Photoshop as products but in the last years they have more and more bugs. You can't reach Adobe for bugs in their software and you have to wait for their answer in a forum... for weeks and months. Adobe don't seems to care for their customers.

For me, it's like buying a car and the brakes won't work. If I have to wait 2-3 months to get it fixed (when the car maker will care to answer me), it would be the last car that I purchase from them. You see in real life it happened to me with a brand new Honda (years ago); the problem was fixed in 30 minutes. Problem can happen; it's how the enterprise deal with them that is also important!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand people getting upset on this subject as it has been going on a while

OK Adobe have noted it but to my knowledge no timescale has been mentioned about a fix

I am just trying to work round the issue at the mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, CaptureOne does have a method that allows you to import your LR catalog as well. It does not like DNG files, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct at the moment a big faceless company 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@geoff Do you have larges catalogs? I have catalogs with more than 200 000 photos 🙂 I guess I will try the 30 days version... Thanks for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite large :). When I get home, if you need a number I can get it for you, but lets just say I have not groomed my catalog for 5 years (yes I know, bad buuuuuut meh).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it's gone on many months and for those of us that use this in a large production environment, changing the usable cores to 1 slows things down tremendously for export. However the mess it creates on having to check 100% of the files is a bigger nightmare. I'd like adobe to address this in a patch instead of us having to wait for a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but "waiting for release" buys them time. honestly, if they truly cared, there would be more official responses and updates on these posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I believe we may have to wait longer because It was only the other week I did a update on mine so back of the Q again 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read the comments, the bug has been acknowledged more than a month ago, and the intent is to fix it in the next release. Traditionally releases have been 3-4 months apart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acknowledged and confirmed are two different things. If you read through the comments, you'll see that the overall tone of those having to deal with this want a promise and commitment, not an appeasement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an "Acknowledged" status and then an "In Progress" status then a "Solved" status these feedback threads can be flagged with along with "Not a Problem".

Earlier this thread was set to "Acknowledged" which means Adobe has replicated the bug. To me this is the same thing as the word "Confirmed" within the limited words available for thread flagging.

You may notice, now, that the thread status is "In Progress".

Both of these statuses, Acknowledged and In Progress can be implied from Official Representative Rikk Flohr's statements from over a month ago that said he'd reproduced the problem and that it should be fixed in the next release, but sometimes comments can be lost in the volume of replies, so a thread status helps.

Restricting LR to one CPU-thread is the workaround in the mean time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point, earlier, was that because Adobe had set the thread status to "Acknowledged" and that Rikk Flohr had said it was logged as a bug and a fix included in the next release, that there wasn't anything more us users needed to do as far as commenting more to get it noticed or increase its fix priority because those things had already been achieved over a month ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 2015.1.1 / 6.1.1 was released today and should resolve this issue. http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjourn...
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great I had a update for PS but not seen one today for LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be working for now. Thanks for getting this resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the bug fix!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an upto date version of Lightroom 5 and I still have this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've CC 2015 version 4 without this bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have lots of random images when downloaded photos. Can I delete them altogether or does it have to individual. I'm new and learning to all this .

Votes

Translate

Translate