• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: SDK LrDevelopController no longer works with ToneCurvePV2012 settings

Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Lightroom plugin developer, one of my products is The Fader (https://www.capturemonkey.com/thefader/), which can crossfade between different develop settings.  It operates on normal sliders, but it can also create smooth transitions between tone curves.

In order to operate, it needs support from Lightroom to set sliders and tone curves.  The SDK provides few methods for this:

1) LrPhoto:applyDevelopPreset, which works almost, but it has problems updating the display when GPU is enabled: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-sdk-photo-applydeveloppreset-doesnt...

2) LrDevelopController.setValue, which has been my solution since Lightroom 6.0.  It has a few quirks, but it did get the job done.  ToneCurvePV2012 (/Red/Green/Blue) were not mentioned specifically on the documentation, but they were working in LR 6.0-6.8, something along the lines of:
LrDevelopController.setValue("ToneCurvePV2012Red", {0,0,40,50,200,220,255,255})
In 6.9, it is no longer working and there is no working way to set the tone curve from a plugin.

Please, bring the tone curve back to LrDevelopController.  Bonus points for fixing the GPU issue.
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017
Lightroom CC2015.12/6.12 was released today and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/07/lightroom-cc-2015-12-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017
Hi Jarno,

We are able to reproduce the issue. We are working on this.

Thanks,
Ganesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
16 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jarno,
Thanks for pointing this out.
I have sent you a mail off list to get some more details.

Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jarno,

We are able to reproduce the issue. We are working on this.

Thanks,
Ganesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working in LR 6.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my favorite plug-in ever and I use it all the time! Please address this issue, Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working on this issue. A fix is underway.
Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still happens with lightroom cc2015.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning. We'd like to invite you to our prerelease if you're interested in evaluating a fix for this issue. Let us know and we'll get you added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I'd like to evaluate this, too. How can I get access?
Cheers,

Oliver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also like to get access, but for the past week and tried with couple of email addresses, I have not yet received it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC2015.12/6.12 was released today and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/07/lightroom-cc-2015-12-now-available.html
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was just refreshing this thread to view any progress, and boom! an update! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered an issue with the Adobe Lightroom SDK and the photo:applyDevelopPreset method, specifically related to curve settings not being consistently applied.

My plugin has the capability to copy settings from an anchor image and paste them onto selected images. To achieve this, I use photo:applyDevelopPreset(preset, _PLUGIN) to apply the anchor settings to multiple images. However, with a recent update to the SDK, I've noticed that curve settings are occasionally missing when pasting the settings onto some images. This inconsistency occurs randomly and doesn't affect every image.

I'm looking for insights and potential solutions to address this issue. If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has suggestions on how to ensure that curve settings are consistently applied when using photo:applyDevelopPreset, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Screenshot 2023-10-30 143304.pngScreenshot 2023-10-30 143346.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've posted in a very old thread that's unrelated to your issue. Please post in the Discussions section, using the topic SDK. I've got some ideas about what might be going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis Thank you for your response. I initially posted my question in a new thread related to the SDK. It appears that my question was merged by @Rikk Flohr: Photography  into this older thread.

Here is the new thread link about the issue https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/curve-settings-issue-with-photo-applyde... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Nileshsinh Rathod  Apologies, I believe I merged you into the wrong thread. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate