• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Select All People missing feature segments

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I LOVE the new AI Masks but with the latest update, I was SO disappointed to find that I could no longer select different features like TEETH, SKIN and EYES if I choose ALL PEOPLE.  I can get those options only if I choose INDIVIDUAL people.  While this option accomplishes the same thing as I can add multiple recognized humans, the HUGE bummer is that I can't copy and paste ALL PEOPLE masks and have the AI create custom masks for different photos as the arrangements and people change.  I basically could program it to apply custom filters to any faces recognized in the photos.  Now it will only apply it to the people it recognized in the one photo example I'm using as a source to PASTE from.  This feature has lost all value for productivity.  Am I missing something!!!!?? HELP! 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Adding bug number

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The February 2023  updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
33 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The absence of the facial features, etc is a known issue. LrC engineering are working to address the issue in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This linked thread includes an official Adobe response https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-select-all-people-missing-feature-segments/i...

Note that your post may be merged with above thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mitchellt66506059 wrote, "Now for some reason now I get a error message saying I do not have enough the VRAM to run this feature on my Mac mini. Are there any solutions?"

Your post was merged into the wrong bug report thread.  Your Mac doesn't meet the LR 12 system requirements for People masking, which requires at least 2 GB of video ram:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/select-people-mask-crash.html

You can verify your graphics hardware by clicking the Apple icon, select About This Mac, click System Report, then Hardware > Graphics/Displays.

I'm not a Mac hardware expert, but a google search suggests you can't upgrade the graphics processor on a Mac Mini:

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-upgrade-the-graphics-card-in-Mac-Mini/log

Double-check with Apple.

Adobe could easily let you continue using People masking by providing an option that lets you disable the use of the GPU for AI masking, just as you can disable it for other features of LR:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-ai-masking-should-obey-preferences-gt-perfo...

But Adobe stubbornly refuses to do this, so your only options are to buy a new computer or an EGPU that will probably cost more than the resale value of your Mac Mini.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they have a fix for this soon.  It's been nearly two months now since the last LR update and it's been a little disheartening that Adobe has been patching updates for their other apps but is still sitting on this one.  That mask feature was highly useful, especially when you're doing batch edits.  Selecting the "entire person" is pretty much useless, and having to individually select each person makes batch editing woefully problematic and inconsistent.  Please figure this out, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR releases every 8 weeks on average. LR 12.1 was released 12/13/2022, so we might expect to see LR 12.2 in a week or two. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's hope so!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.. You are a life saver. It was taking me around 1 to 2 mins for each image.. with this option, I was able to go back and installed the previous version... and vola.. took me 30 mins to batch process 200 images.. thank you so much.. 

P.S. I also deselected the option to "automatic update" to save myself from this pain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The February 2023  updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate