• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: slideshow - images rendered as swapped blocks

Explorer ,
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.0 slideshow (Windows 7)- when exporting slideshow as 1080p high quality video - some of tiff images rendered as swapped blocks - i.e. bottom left 1/4 corner of the picture shown at the top left and vice versa.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015
This has been fixed in Lightroom 6.2, which is available today. (Actually, it turns out this was already fixed in Lightroom 6.1.1. Yeesh. I apologize for not updating this thread earlier.)

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
55 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean it hangs/freezes? Crashes are a very different behavior from hangs/freezes.

Adobe cannot fix bugs in drivers. And to use the GPU features, an application has to rely on the GPU driver code working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that if you go back to an earlier version of the app, the images will render perfectly - on the exact same PC. So, while it's entirely possible - maybe even probable - that the bug lies in AMD code, Adobe absolutely has the ability to work around it. They are neither providing a workaround nor any explanation regarding what the real issue is and what we can expect. Other may disagree, but I think they owe us that.

If it's an AMD bug and they Adobe has proven that, they should come out and say it and let us know how we can help apply pressure to get it resolved. If they have no intention of ever addressing it, let us know so we can each decide whether or not we want to ditch the app, swap video cards, or just live with the limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A performance optimization introduced in a recent Lightroom version causes this problem on certain AMD cards due to a bug in the AMD driver. We have alerted AMD to the problem with the driver, and they may or may not choose to address it. In the meantime, we intend to drop this optimization (just for the affected AMD cards) in a future version of Lightroom, so as to work around the issue with the AMD driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the response, Benjamin. That make good sense to me. Now it's just a question of how soon Adobe will make the required tweak. I think many of us - myself included - are frustrated that it is taking so long for this to be addressed. Anything that Adobe can do to speed this up would be greatly appreciated. Even something such as a global switch that we could set to disable the optimizations would be great for me. Auto-detecting cards/drivers with the bug is great, but if that takes too long, I'd rather have control over the switch myself than to have to wait longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This has been fixed in Lightroom 6.2, which is available today. (Actually, it turns out this was already fixed in Lightroom 6.1.1. Yeesh. I apologize for not updating this thread earlier.)

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate