Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

P: Slideshow music - error message 'music not well formed'

0 Votes
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the slideshow option quite a lot. Just upgraded to the Apple Silicon LR version to use on my M1 MiniMac. 

I'm on Big Sur 11.3. Haven't yet upgraded to 11.4.

LR 10.3 doesn't like my mp3 music files. Existing slideshows don't play embedded music, and deleting and trying to re-add music files results in the error message "music file is not well formed".

I can downgrade to previous version and everything is fine. I've tried reseting my preference file, but it didn't help.

Anyone else seeing this?

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Slideshows but I gave this a try and can verify the same broken results. I am on a Mac Mini M1 with Big Sur 11.4 so that won't help - although 11.4 does resolve a lot of other Mac issues.

Windows 10, ver 21H1 with all latest patches. Intel Core i7 (6700), 32GB, SSDs where it matters (system disk: Samsung 950 NVMe 512GB, photo storage: Samsung 860 EVO 2TB), nVidia 2060 Super, 8GB. Raw images are mostly from Sony A7Rii and A7riii (42 Mpix) and A7C.
Mac Mini M1 (2020) latest Big Sur, 8GB/256.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeffgo

Thanks Jeff. I'm loath to upgrade to 11.4. Did you see any personal improvements on your Mac M1 when going to 11.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did see a number of improvements, including better dual monitor support - my USB-C to DP to Dell monitor now reliably reconnects, before I would often have to cycle power on the monitor.

Not sure if this happened at 11.4 but there were network issues that would bring the system to a halt, and copying from my Win10 system would eventually start crawling.

Windows 10, ver 21H1 with all latest patches. Intel Core i7 (6700), 32GB, SSDs where it matters (system disk: Samsung 950 NVMe 512GB, photo storage: Samsung 860 EVO 2TB), nVidia 2060 Super, 8GB. Raw images are mostly from Sony A7Rii and A7riii (42 Mpix) and A7C.
Mac Mini M1 (2020) latest Big Sur, 8GB/256.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is frustrating because it showed up in earlier testing; and it was resolved and cleared ... now it's back again and I can confirm it - not a BS 11.4 issue as I am still on a M1 Mini with 11.3.1.  I will log a bug report on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

It is a known issue and has been already mentioned in the notes.

Regards,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just came across this same issue running LR 10.3 running on a M1 Mac Mini 11.4.  First time I have tried adding music to a Slideshow so grateful for finding this thread. Any ideas when we might get a fix for it, or how to track the known issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines