• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Slideshow text overlay not rendering properly

Enthusiast ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a slideshow with a white text overlay that shows the image Title. I reduced the text overlay box to its minimum size, and the resulting text in the slideshow is fuzzy and pixelated, not clean and sharp. Even when the text is larger the outside border of the text (black) is not aliased, and shows ugly jaggies.

MacbookPro Retina 15, OSX 10.8.4 using Best for Retina display.

However, the text renders smoothly on Win 7.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016
This should now be fixed as of the CC2015.6/6.6 update released today. You can find more details here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/06/lightroom-cc-2015-6-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
17 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which product are you using?
Which version?

What kind of slideshow are you creating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 5. Manual slideshow with no borders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone resolved this yet? I used to use 4.4 and this always rendered clean...now trying 30 day trial of CC and every time i export a video slideshow the overlay is crap! aliased and full opacity...when i actually have it set to 50 opacity...amazes me how something 3 generations prior can work fine and now with latest version its messed up

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attention whoever! Fix this! Win7 64 pro Lightroom CC problem exists with any font I select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce this - I believe it's simply not optimised for retina displays. I'll put in a bug report internally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens on W7x64 with "normal" display as well.
--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll note that in the report. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as Scott Evens. I use the latest LR CC on a Windows 10 PC. With older versions of LR I never had problems with the text overlay, but with the latest version the text looks very ugly, with all fonts I tried.
Last week I made a slide-show about Sail Amsterdam 2010 and posted this to my Flickr-account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/foxhusk...
You see in the ugly text overlay. Full opacity, although I had set it to about 50%.
I hope Adobe can fix this bug soon with a new update,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria,
Do you know if this confirmed as bug by Adobe and if this is been worked on/will be fixed?
--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know they've reproduced it, but as to when it'll get fixed, I have no idea I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with Win7 64 Pro Lightroom CC. Just updated LR this morning and a bunch of Win patches and still no go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAAAAAY another LR update and the 3 year old issue of text overlays still NOT working...nice job! WOULD ANYONE <insults removed by admin>  CARE TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE???????????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many layers to the frustration of issue such as this.
1. The issue itself, this isn't something new, in fact based upon my research this problem reared its ugly head when LR 6 was released. My LR 4.x worked just fine and since I use this feature for real estate videos and had to update to CC last fall due to a need for lens corrections for my GoPro 3 black I suddenly discovered the issue.
2. Tech support based in India or wherever is absolutely HORRIBLE! I have never received ANY satisfaction from these people. 6 years ago I finally had to rattle the Adobe cage and got assistance with Premiere Pro from North American users, who solved the problem! I called tech last October when using the 30 day demo of LR CC and did the usual song and dance over the phone, did the log in to my laptop and they produced the same issue and I heard all the " we apologize Mr. Evans" over and over and over...that solves nothing and infuriates me more. Since October, I heard nothing, but saw 3 or 4 updates but no fix for this issue. A few weeks ago in mid Feb I called again and guess what? There was absolutely NO record of my October tech support call. What a system! A week ago tech called me, wanted to log in again to "try some things" I was not able to do so at the moment. After I spent 5 minutes trying to explain this to this guy, I told him I will stop what I'm elbows deep in at that time and they should call me in 10 minutes. I cleared myself of what I was doing, got laptop, fired it up and waited...for a call that never came. This is unacceptable adobe!!! What is worse, I asked a woman today on tech support to brief me on the notes in my file and it clearly said a tech called me twice. lol liars! I was in a chat today and when I suggested they lied and were not helping me with this issue, I was disconnected. I connected again with same person, or the same name to be correct and they suggested I should tell them the entire issue again in chat. I asked what the purpose of having a case number, if I'm expected to explain the entire saga over and over again. Again, unacceptable. These techs won't provide an accountability ID when asked for one and I was disconnected again when I asked for one. This BS is totally unacceptable for support on a product that we now have to pay for over and over again! There is something seriously wrong Adobe, when a feature that worked fine in LR 4.x no longer works in CC (paying yearly) and has been complained about for almost 3 years online by other users! Get your shit together!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reproduced it in a post 5 months ago and yet since last October I'm told repeatedly it's a problem with my system! Absolutely ridiculous the amount of lies, deceit, crossed wires and inept communications. Today I was told by onone support that even with the same case number, phone supper doesn't know what online chat support is doing and vice versa! This is beyond stupid!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, just for info proposes win 7 64 and latest CC version released today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This should now be fixed as of the CC2015.6/6.6 update released today. You can find more details here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/06/lightroom-cc-2015-6-now-available.html
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate