• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: The zoom does not work properly after the update.

Participant ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last update, when I click on the image to zoom in, it sometimes zooms out a little, then partially zooms in, finally zooming fully. It is slow, intermittent, and infuriating.

What have Adobe done with this, as it was fine before?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017
Adobe released Lightroom 6.9/CC2015.9 today.

This issue should be corrected in this release. Please give it a try and let us know if you see any further issues. 

Complete information about this update can be found at the Lightroom Journal: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/03/lightroom-cc-2015-9-now-available.html

If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, you can use the kbsc [Cmd/Ctrl]+[Opt/Alt]+[ R ]  to refresh your app. If you are a perpetual license holder, you can acc...

Votes

Translate

Translate
34 Comments
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you for clarifying. I hadn't understood that you were looking for a clarification on exactly what Sunil meant either. He's said that a fix is underway, which means the behavior you're seeing isn't expected, so you won't be stuck with it indefinitely.

The written language can so easily be misunderstood, especially when English isn't everyone's first language, and it's missing tone of voice and facial expressions too. I'm sure other people have read your posts in a different way to the way you intended too. 

We'll post back as soon as the fix is live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In light of the recent announcement that Adobe reported an annual revenue of  $5.85 billion, do you think the least customers might expect is decent, dedicated support, and quick solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see from your avatar that the chip is on your left shoulder. Have you ever tried to help someone out with an electronic problem over email or even over the phone? Clearly not as your attitude, sense of understanding and self entitlement is appalling. You deserve little to no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You, Mr. Howlett, are precisely the reason why forums are totally unsuitable to provide any support. Too many idiots half read, completely misunderstand, and love to jump in with snarky comments, rather than provide anything constructive.

First of all, the problem isn't anything to do with electronics; it's software related.

Second, I don't have a 'chip'. I pay £500 a year to a hugely wealthy company that provides NO support at all and I have an acknowledged problem. My expectation is entirely reasonable.

It seems clear that you are either a troll, or an unpleasant moron. The first is most likely, as you have only made this one post, although the contents of that post certainly demonstrate the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personal attacks are not tolerated here. Please watch your language - everyone.

You have been provided with support - the bug you have reported a week ago has been confirmed and a fix is underway. Large companies can't turn on a sixpence, so a fix will take a little time, especially with Christmas closures in the way. If the bug is causing a problem, it's not difficult to roll back to the previous version https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will certainly defend myself if attacked, especially when unjustified.

As to my being provided with support, I have made it abundantly clear why I think 'forum' support is totally unacceptable and this latest episode merely emphasises that I am correct. Adobe have provided me with nothing yet.

I have never expected a fix immediately, although I still find it astonishing that no one even noticed before releasing this version and don't see why the size of the company should be relevant. Indeed, the bigger it is, with more resources available, should make such fixes speedier.

The bug is causing a problem; that's because it's a bug. As has been pointed out, the way around is not to roll back, but to use the previous methodology of moving the target (the easiest way is changing the name of the folder to disconnect), but that's hardly the point. It does highlight, though, that forums frequently offer conflicting and incorrect advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe released Lightroom 6.9/CC2015.9 today.

This issue should be corrected in this release. Please give it a try and let us know if you see any further issues. 

Complete information about this update can be found at the Lightroom Journal: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/03/lightroom-cc-2015-9-now-available.html

If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, you can use the kbsc [Cmd/Ctrl]+[Opt/Alt]+[ R ]  to refresh your app. If you are a perpetual license holder, you can access the update via Help>Updates...

Refer to this for any installation issues: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html#lrcc2015
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally! Yes, it works correctly.

Thank you for solving the bug, although I still find it astonishing that such an obvious flaw made it through all the testing and I'm still frustrated that Adobe don't see fit to provide proper support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate