• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: TIFF file reloads after each Develop edit, potential data loss

Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR6 (CC), edit TIF file (imported from PS or NIK). Image "reloads" after almost every Develop module edit. In some cases, all previous Develop module settings are lost, and the image reverts to it's original appearance. Even though the previous Develop module edits are still shown on the History panel - they no longer have any effect. Result - total loss of all user edits.

Workaround: disable "Automatically write changes to XMP" in catalog settings. This is what appears to trigger the constant "reloads".

Note this does not appear to be related to GPU - the problem occurs exactly the same whether GPU is enabled or disabled. Also note, the problem does NOT occur when editing RAW files. So far, it appears to occur only with TIF files.

Lightroom CC, 2015 Release
Windows 7, 64-bit, all latest updates
AMD Radeon HD 7700, latest AMD drivers

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015
This was fixed in the CC 2015.1 / 6.1 Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 123 Replies 123
123 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same Problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've often experienced "reloading" in the develop module this week with raw files; I'm not working with tiff files. I am using LR6, not CC, on an iMac using Yosemite. I will try your solution Jim, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be with TIF files that I work with through Nik Collections software through LR, after working on the photo and it creates the edited TIF back in LR the re loading of the image happens after every edit occurs. I reached out to Nik Collections support, their response was this is an Adobe issue. Only way around this was to disable the XMP.

LR CC 2015 Cloud
Mac OS X 10.10.3
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to click +1 up above to add your vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Tiff files.

LR CC 2015 Cloud
MAC OS X 10.9.5
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with TIFF. I now have XMP turned off, which is not a satisfactory solution. Strangely enough, when I created the new catalog, I lost the data on the last 10 files I had been working on. They had started as DNGs, gone to Tiff in Alien Skin and then been sent to PS as Tiff and back to LR as TIFFs. I have the saved Jpeg at 72 ppi, but all else is lost which is a pain as I need to create prints. All I have left is the first DNG of each.

Windows 7, 64bits, 24 RAM,
GeForce 650/PCIe/SSE2, latest drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Almost identical to the problem that I had back in version 4. Tiff files reload after any change in Develop mode. As in the earlier problem, these are tiff files that have been processed in Photoshop. Tiff files that had been in the catalog before the upgrade to Lightroom 6, and that I have not worked on, do not reload when changed in Develop module. If I open a copy in Photoshop, make a change and save, the edited tiff exhibits the reload behavior, but the original remains unaffected. I thought this was a problem that was behind us, but now it's baaack! I would think Adobe would test any new release for any problem that has occurred in past versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem with LR CC, it affects files that have been into OnOne and are changed to a PSD file, TIFF'S are fine. I have tried Preferences>Additional External Editor>File Format>TIFF>restart LR but the files still arrive in OnOne as PSD's. Cannot seen to change the file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Sending an image to Photoshop seems to be working fine here though. So for me it is a workaround to do this and open plugins like Silver Efex from there. Restarting LR always helps and everything works fine after that... until I send an image from LR to plugin again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as Jason Tebo

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it is just impossible to edit IN LR CC after an image has been in and out of a plugin, so much so I have reverted to LR5, it is a relief to use but rather defeats the object of paying for upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues as reported here. Plus, I now get error message from Viveza and Dfine 2 when trying to export HDR.tif files - file could not be opened because it contains transparency information. Have no idea what that means. Anyone care to chime in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue - push D700 NEF into Silver Efex Pro 2, "save" to retrieve the result TIFF into LR CC (6.0.1) (Intel 4600 GPU not enabled)... any attempt to do a duo-tone with just shadow adjustments (either slider) - after about 5-8 seconds, there is a flash and screen redraw - generally the setting being changed drops back to 0 values. Happens almost all the time, but usually when I have the slider engaged with a scroller mouse (as opposed to touchpad or wacom).

How does this make me feel the form asks ? Sad, very very sad. ;)

Thanks for find a fix Adobe dudes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least the installation of LR 6 did not uninstall LR 5.7. I can switch back to LR 5.7 until this issue is fixed (again!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Plus, the overall performance of Lightroom CC/6 is way worse than LR5, which seems to be the case for pretty much everyone.
There used to be a beta testing phase for Lightroom with previous versions. Seems Adobe isn't doing so well if they have to let users pay for being beta testers, rather than having their own staff check their products BEFORE releasing them with false promises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To at least partly quantify the performance degradation with Lightroom 6 compared to Lightroom 5.7, I am finding that it takes twice as long to load an image when zooming in to 1:1 with Lightroom 6. On my machine, an I7-4790K, 16GB RAM, and Lightroom running on an SSD, that's 6 seconds versus 3 seconds, with a RAW file from a Canon 5D Mk II; A big difference!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I please suggest starting your own topic if you wa t to discuss general performance issues? This thread is about a bug that causes file reloads & data loss. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followup: Turning off the writing to XMP does seem to stop the behavior in my case, but that's surely NOT how I want to be saving my data long-term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting an image to Color Efex 4 from Lightroom the outgoing process is fine with a TIFF copy FILE created
When reimporting it back to Lightroom however any adjustments made in Lightroom thereafter keep being cancelled out. The screen flashes and the image reverts back to the state it was reimported in from Color Efex.
i have tried the same images in Lightroom 5 with no problems so clearly there is some issue with the processing of images in Lightroom 6.
Any ideas or similar problems found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem for me following edit in Color efex. Every time I use the adjustment brush the screen refreshes and all brush strokes are lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with re-imports from Nik plugin. It was fixed in LR5, please lets get it fixed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, though it's intermittent for me. On the other hand, I am unable to edit the new HDR images in Viveza, Dfine, or either of the two sharpening programs. Get a message the the file could not be opened because it contains transparency information. Extremely disappointing and frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Google (Nik) is supporting 32 bit Tiffs yet.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to see an "Official Rep" (Rikk Flohr) is now adding comments to this thread. I hope we will hear soon that Adobe acknowledges there is a problem, and some update on the status of a fix. This isn't just an issue for those exporting to NIK software, or other 3rd party programs, either. I'm seeing it with tiffs edited in Photoshop CC as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this problem also occurs with TIFF file that come from Adobe's own Photoshop. So this is not a problem with third-party plugins (Nik in this case) but a general issue with the handling of TIFF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate