• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Watermark cut off at the bottom when exporting image

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem exporting a Text Preset.  When I am creating it, there is a horizontal line that cuts it off and I can't move it so the whole letter is inside the area.  I had to make an image of the Signature to be able to have it complete, but I would like to be able to use the Text option which has such a nice drop shadow.  I am using Lightroom Classic and Photoshop CC with last updates. Thank you very much!

GloriaIMG_5036.jpgIMG_5037.jpgIMG_5038.jpg 

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Adding missing status

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
12 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since upgrading to the latest version of Lightroom Classic, the watermark is cut off at the top (specifically, the copyright symbol).  It looks fine on the preview before the export, but cuts off on the actual image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last update am having similar problem (LRC 11.4.1 on Win11) with signature clipped on right side. Works fine if I change to Arial or other default font, but not with the one I want (Windsong). Image attached. I remember this happening once before in an update several years ago. Anyone have a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up rolling back to the previous version. I'm hoping they'll fix it with the next update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I didn't want to have to do that, but it looks like the only alternative for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One alternative is to create a PNG file (with transparency) in Photoshop and your 'Signature' text.

Then use this PNG file as a "Graphic" watermark in LrC. You have none of the problems that have long plagued the "text" watermark in LrC.

The advantage of a text layer in Photoshop you can use all 'Blending Options' to add some fanciful adjustments for - Stroke, Shadows, etc.

Example- Text in Photoshop:

2022-07-07 09_22_33-Untitled-1 @ 66.7% (Signature, RGB_16) _.jpg

A Graphic watermark on an image:

2022-07-07 09_15_08-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Rob.  I was trying to figure out how to do that the other day.  I'm just learning Photoshop, although I've used Elements for years and I couldn't figure out the transparency.  I found a video on YouTube and got it done successfully!  Now I can update Lightroom.  I'm grateful for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Rob. I have created PNGs in the past, but have specific reasons to use font based watermarks. Good idea, though, in any other circumstance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but have specific reasons to use font based watermarks."

Could you be more specific?

In Photoshop you can use ANY installed font in your system to create the 'text' in a PNG Graphic.

Lightroom-Classic has (especially in the past) had trouble using all fonts as 'Text' in the watermark editor.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening for me! I need to be able to change the color of the text/font based upon the photo I'm exporting. But upon exporting, LR Classic cuts off portions of my Text that are outside the box in the editor...see screenshots.Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 10.28.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-28 at 10.30.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-28 at 10.30.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My watermark is cut-off on the right side. I'm using the Lucida Handwriting font. Version: Lightroom Classic 11.5.

(see screenshot below...)

-2022-09-18-211847.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding missing status

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would greatly appreciate it if Adobe would fix this obvious bug. It was fine until last summer. I have switched to a PNG, but it is not what I want. Using text gives me more flexibilty. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate