Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Win/Mac) Lightroom Classic 12.0 Unable to export: Watermarking Failed

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aneta26658422d9k2_0-1666099983886.png

Hello, I have a problem with export my pictures after update Adobe Lightroom classic catalog. I´m not using watermark. So, I can´t understand this failer error. Can anybody help me please? 

{Title updated by moderator}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Hi, I just exported a bunch of jpgs and PSDs no problem.

SO have you tried the solutions that have worked for others? I am retyping them here:

Ensure there are no stale preferences in Lightroom. Reset Lightroom Classic's preferences by following the steps in this article (I prefer using method 2): https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

If the issue exists, please go to the following location & back up your Watermark presets.

Go to Preferences > Pres

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Thanks for sharing the inputs.

Ensure there are no stale preferences in Lightroom. Reset Lightroom Classic's preferences by following the steps in this article (I prefer using method 2): https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

If the issue exists, please go to the following location & back up your Watermark presets.

Thanks to @johnrellis - Go to Preferences > Presets and click Show All Other Lightroom Presets. That will open Finder / File Explorer in

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Lightroom 12.0.1 was released today and contains a fix for this issue. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 214 Replies 214
214 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 12.0.1 was released today and contains a fix for this issue. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version.

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9638EF2E-D502-4EB6-A3E7-24A8725CCDC9.png

hi! can you help me with this?

it never happened to me before and I'm not using watermark. lightroom updated yesterday for me and this happened.

can you help me?? 

grateful!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just put the last lightroom updat 12.0.1, the problem is fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue for me, even though 12.0.1 was released

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue for me even though 12.0.1 was released

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is their a possibilty that to be fonctionnal you need photoshop 2023, because I dowload at the same time. But now for me evereting is ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 3.36.17 PM.png

Any time I try to export images, this pops up. I don't even have the watermarking selected in my export settings, and this occurs no matter what I try to do. I read that this was fixed in 12.0.1, but it is still happening even though I updated... This is valuable to me because editing photos is key, and I need to be able to export them. Also, paying the high amount for the Adobe subscription and having this issue go on for days is simly unnacceptable. I value my money, and issues like this are making me seriously consider unsubscribing from their services.

1. Lightroom Classic 12.0.1

2. Mac OS Monterey 12.5.1 on a 2021 MacBook Pro, Apple M1 Max, 32 GB Memory

3. Literally export anything with any settings to reproduce this problem

4. Expected Result: Export my photos without issue. Actual Result: "Unable to export: Watermarking Failed"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this issue. Lucky for me I only had one "Watermark preset".

I'm assuming it's because I restructured my entire project directory.

What I did to resolve the issue:

1. ctrl + shift & e to export my photos

2. Under "watermarking" clicked the check box

3. Opened up the drop down menu

4. Selected "Edit Watermarks"

5. Drop down menu in the top left hand corner, selected delete watermark.

After that I was able to export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a very long thread on this subject which I believe addresses the issue you're having:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-win-mac-lightroom-classic-12-0-unable-to-exp...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the "correct answers" in green - there are multiple work arounds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

il faut lire les reponses correcte avec des idees pour corriger. Et je viens de voir qu'il y a un mis a jour aujourd'hui a version 12.01. Essayer cela .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try today's update to 12.01.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12.0.1 did not fix it for me, in fact the problem didn't show up until after installing 12.0.1

I can export without watermarks, but I watermark everything with my copyright info - now my process is at a standstill and i have a lot of work to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update:  today 11/6/2022, I am able to export with a copyright watermark on normal files - the only problem I seem to have now is trying to place a copyright watermark on a file with the following dimensions:  1129 x 195 pixels  - this is a special purpose image, so I'm not terribly concerned at the moment as I have added text in PS, but any wisdom on this would be welcomed and appreciated.  back to work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have watermarks, Iv updated lightroom clasic and I can download pic with watermarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soory, I wanted to say I canot download pics with watermarks, I get a message they canot be downloaded with watermarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Soory, I wanted to say I canot download pics with watermarks, I get a message they canot be downloaded with watermarks"

I you mean the English word, "export" (rather than download), then try the two workarounds posted at the top of this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-win-mac-lightroom-classic-12-0-unable-to-exp... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kylene81, do the LR menu command Help > System Info.  Does the first line show that you are running LR 12.0.1?  If not, do Help > Updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, with 12.01

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clarification: the watermark option is grayed out, and even when the preset already had a watermark (from when it used to work), it doesn't show up when I export. I have 12.01

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have used a long time watermarks with lightroom. Now i cant, because they wont save to the pictures. When i open the watermark edition page i can see the watermarks right, but when i save the photo, it dissapears. I have deleted all watermarks, edited them, changed options, uppdated the lightroom and everything. Nothing works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, Have you tried the suggestions from Sameer K as below? Also please let us know which  version of Lightroom Classic and which operating sustem. Here is what Sameer K wrote: 

"

Thanks to @johnrellis - Go to Preferences > Presets and click Show All Other Lightroom Presets. That will open Finder / File Explorer in the "Lightroom" settings folder. The "Watermarks" subfolder contains all the presets (.lrtemplate files).  Move them to your desktop and restart Lightroom Classic."

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. My photo watermarks suddenly started working again the next day, but the video watermarks are still grayed out.

I have LRC 12.0.1, Mac OS Big Sur 11.7.1  (I haven't upgraded any farther because my computer is old and starting to slow down.)

Question: Is there a way to save all my preferences before resetting them all? (And, was this answer meant for both me and mirka...?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reply was for anyone who needs it.... 

As for saving your preferences, yes you can save them.

Go to Preferences > Presets and click Show All Other Lightroom Presets. That will open Finder / File Explorer and shwo you where the preference folders are.... I am on a Mac and I have always copied the preferences folders and saved them on my back up drives along with the back ups of my LRCatalog. IT is not an automated process. I just copy the folders over to the ext back up drives, and label the folder I put them in so I know what they are. That way, I can replace them if ever I need to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate