• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Windows): Not synching with LR mobile IOS

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading yesterday to v10.0 my LR Classic Windows desktop no longer syncs with my LR on iPad. I have rebuilt the sync data a couple of times and signed out and back into Creative Cloud a couple of times - all to no avail. This is really frustrating and renders LR unfit for purpose for my workflow at least.

For example, if I create a sync collection in LR Classic the collection does not appear on my iPad. Likewise if I create a new album in LR Mobile on my iPad and add photos to it, the album and its photos do not appear in LR Classic.

Can you please fix this asap.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
13 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first question to ask is does your Lightroom Classic Synced Collection show up in the Cloud? 

Log in to https://lightroom.adobe.com using the same ID with which you log into Lightroom Classic. Is the collection there?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

Everything I synced BEFORE moving to v10.0 is there in the cloud - 27,000+ photos. Since moving to v10.0 nothing gets synced in either direction to/from the desktop. It's as though the pipe is blocked. LR Classic tells me it is syncing but nothing actually syncs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. I tried rebuilding the sync data which seemed to work at first but I left it to finish the last few sync activities and then many more thousand turned up.

Now Lightroom says it has stopped the syncing because it seems I'm using an automatically created backup copy of my library.  It asks me to restart and enable sync again but this does not help. 

I might have to reinstall the last version of lightroom and revert to my backed up library until this is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"For example, if I create a sync collection in LR Classic the collection does not appear on my iPad."

Again - from my previous post: does your Lightroom Classic Synced Collection show up in the Cloud?  Regardless of what you did before the update - the question needing answered is: do newly created sync attempts make it to the cloud?

We can troubleshoot no farther until you can give us the answer to that question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here! Syncing 11.368 photos it says but nothing is happening for the last FOUR hours!! Frustrating since I want my client to be able to see and choose his photos. In "Preferences" > "Sync Activity" it says (0 uploading, 0 Downloading, 0 Pending)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

No, newly created sync attempts do not make it to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

I think I have got to the bottom of this issue and fixed it in my case.

I believe the problem was caused by the conversion of the catalogue to the new v10.0 format, whereby a benign issue with the old catalogue is exacerbated by the conversion routine to become something much more malign. I speak as a software engineer with over 30 years' experience. Converting legacy data to a new format is often risky and conversion routines, in my experience, are often poorly tested.

I noticed that each time I started LR Classic it always started in the same folder, which was the one I was working on prior to the upgrade and not the one I was last working on, which it normally does. This set alarm bells ringing with me which suggested a possible corruption.

So I went back to a backup copy of the catalogue which is a couple of days older than the original and converted that one to v10.0 format.

This catalogue is now syncing fine with the cloud in both directions. It did take quite a few hours of syncing to become stable but it now seems to be working as I would expect.

I hope this is of help to anybody else who is having similar problems.

Cheers,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That tells us the problem lies locally with Classic.

1. Verify - don't assume' but verify that your Email Address you are using for Lightroom Classic/Creative Cloud app is the same email address you use when logging into the website.

2. Verify - that the syncing option is turned on and not in a paused state for Lightroom Classic (Cloud icon on the upper right). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.  A catalog in a weird state sometimes happens.  Also a machine in a weird state during an update can do similarly. I am glad you are working again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
Can you please try out the solution that @dave_almond provided below?
Please let us know the updates.

-S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dave_almond Can you share with us what was wrong in the catalog which was blocking the sync? If possible, can you share the catalog which when you upgraded stopped the syncing? It will be helpful in debugging out the issue further. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here:

I created a new synched collection.

When I started synching, it first went ok, but then was stuck and not moving any further.

So I removed the collection again and started synching in small portions.

Now I can narrow it down a bit more, because some images are working fine and others wont.  Synching direction is classic to cloud (synching smart previews).

While images are stuck, the syncing activity in the settings does show nothing. Rebuilding sync data did not help either.

Going back to an old pre-V10-catalog is no option. 

What is the solution here? Synching was already not working well pre-V10, but now its almost unusable which is really bad, because synching my devices is one of the key features, that stands out for Lightroom compared to other alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 was released on Monday 01/11/21 and contains a fix for this issue. Please down the update as soon as it is available in your Creative Cloud App. Thank you for your patience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate