10.2 is applying Lens Corrections by default

Participant ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that any imported images in 10.2 (Win) have
Remove Chromatic Aberration
Enable Profile Correction
ticked by default. I have nothing set in prefs to apply presets on import and even when I choose reset all settings in develop these 2 options stay ticked.

This happen with images from Canon EOS R5 and R6 and I've seen reports from someone else seeing the same issue with an EOS R. Prior to v10.2 imports did not have profile corrections applied.

I also discovered that despite having a profile for the Samyang AF 85mm F1.4RF lens it is not being detected automatically.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like these options are in your camera default. If you don't want that, then create a preset with these options disabled and set that preset as camera default in Preferences - Presets.

To make Lightroom detect the Samyang profile automatically, select it and then save this as new lens profile default.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no default options, this just started happening with the release of v10.2 and, as I said above, RESET all settings still won't remove the lens corrections.

LR bug.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can confirm that behaviour, with Adobe Default set as the default develop settings. Happens with imports from the EOS R, R5 and R6. Not seeing it from any other camera that I've checked so far.

I'll report it to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do have a default: it's the Adobe Default. I agree with Jim that this must be a bug, but it's worth a try to see if you can work around it by creating a specific camera default like I said.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but it's worth a try to see if you can work around it by creating a specific camera default like I said.

And as you would expect, that does work.

I've reported it to Adobe, so hopefully this will be fixed in due course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe default is to do nothing, it shouldn't be turning on lens corrections. Yes it's a bug and yes there are workarounds but hitting reset on an image right now turns the lens corrections back on, that's very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's because hitting reset applies the default. So try to see if changing the default is a work around...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines