• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1DX Mark III missing camera profiles

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, although the 1DX Mark III is stated as officially supported, the Camera matching profiles are missing. Will Adobe be supplying these? Can i get them another way, maybe hacking together a copy from the 1dx mark II files? I much prefer the skin tones and colors from the Canon matching profiles compared to the Adobe Color colors.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

See the response from Adobe in this other thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2650451 
MadManChan2000 indicates work is in progress for those looking for the missing camera matching profiles for recent Canon Cameras using the CR3 format. (with exception of EOS R - which are already supported)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

So, any update to the nearly 1 year old promise that Camera matching profiles are coming?  Other than the above link to a thread on this topic being a false link, is there any information? Was the link intentionally removed since Adobe appears to have done nothing about supporting Canon Camera matching profiles?

What's the story?  

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up!

I also need 1DX Mark III camera profiles!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 1DX Mk3 is supported in Lr-Classic v9.2.

AND the new Preferences setup allows you to use the 'IN CAMERA' Profiles.

"Camera Settings - Uses the in-camera settings or profiles as-shot"

So set your camera to the profile you want.

Adobe will possibly supply 'Adobe Camera Matching' profiles (in addition to Adobe Standard) to select in Lightroom in a future update.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2020-2.html#raw-defaults

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WobertC. I do have that set, however since there are no camera specific profiles in LR for the 1DX3, those settings simply default to "Adobe Color" which is not honoring the camera profile that was selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you selecting a preset created with an earlier version of Lightroom maybe 9.1? Just a thought.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the thought, but no presets are involved. I'm simply trying (hoping) to select Camera Standard, or Camera Neutral for example and they are not available. and since they are not available, the "honor camera profiles" just default to Adobe Color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the response from Adobe in this other thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2650451 
MadManChan2000 indicates work is in progress for those looking for the missing camera matching profiles for recent Canon Cameras using the CR3 format. (with exception of EOS R - which are already supported)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since that thread is from the first week of september and here we are 5 months later with still no resolution to the issue of NOT having the camera color profiles available... this is a WRONG answer. Not a correct one. Could we please get some sort of solution to this problem that doesnt involve having to spend the time to do the job of Adobes programmers while trying to get work done on a deadline? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, any update to the nearly 1 year old promise that Camera matching profiles are coming?  Other than the above link to a thread on this topic being a false link, is there any information? Was the link intentionally removed since Adobe appears to have done nothing about supporting Canon Camera matching profiles?

What's the story?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Was the link intentionally removed since Adobe appears to have done nothing about supporting Canon Camera matching profiles?"

Adobe switched forum platforms last year, and though links to threads on the old platform were supposed to keep working, many or most have broken. (Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add your constructive opinion to this problem report in the official Adobe feedback forum:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/support-for-cr3-camera-color-profiles

and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize the issue and you'll be notified when they do. Adobe developers read everything posted in that forum but rarely participate here, which is primarily a user-to-user-forum.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

""Was the link intentionally removed since Adobe appears to have done nothing about supporting Canon Camera matching profiles?"

Adobe switched forum platforms last year, and though links to threads on the old platform were supposed to keep working, many or most have broken. (Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.)"

OK. So is there a way to see this thread which purportedly answers the OP question and was lost due to incompetence?  Are we allowed to see it?

I sincerely want to know the plan. I need to figure out a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So is there a way to see this thread which purportedly answers the OP question"

Not that I know of -- the old forum and much or most of its content is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes !!! I am looking for that profiles too. With my MKII I am using Camera Standart most of the time. It would be great to have that choice for the MKIII too. I mad a profile myself but not totally happy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe developers won't see your feedback here, which is primarily a user-to-user forum.  Please add your constructive opinion to this feature request:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/support-for-cr3-camera-color-profiles

and be sure to click Vote and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John, is that an official Adobe Forum ? Never heard of Photoshop Family

Best Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

Yup, photoshop.com is owned by Adobe.  The small "submit product feedback" link on the home page of this forum takes you there:

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great ! Thanks a lot 

Best Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines