• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A matter of synchronization

Engaged ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I take pictures with my mobile, I can see them in Lightroom web but they don't show in Lightroom Classic why?

On LR web:

2020-12-25_17h43_07.png

On LR Classic:

2020-12-25_17h38_01.png

How do I make them visible on LrC?

Best regards: Micke Seise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Lightroom preferences go to local storage. There you can designate a folder for the Lightroom images. Create a new folder with an easy name and location you can remember. From that folder, you can import the images into LrC. In LrC you will need to syncronize that folder when ever you have added new photos in Lightroom.

LR pref local storage.JPG

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kenneth,

Screenshot is for Lightroom desktop. The OP is using Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that nothing happends

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you have Syncing enabled. You'll find the enabling button, etc at top right corner of LrC UI (see below screenshot).

If it's enabled, you may need to log out then back into your Adobe account.

Untitled-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's on but wouldn't find anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a Screen Shot of the popup box that opens when you click the Cloud Icon in the upp right hand corner of LrC.

Like this.

2020-12-25 22_00_20-LrC V10 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Also a screen shot of the Collections area in the left hand side panel like this.

2020-12-25 22_02_29-LrC V10 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ian Lyons That's a setting that has to be done in Lightroom in order to designate a place where LrC can find the LR photos. Anyway, that's how I accomplish this.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, Lightroom is not needed for this and you do not have to let it save a copy. In fact, that would only create local duplicates, so I would advise not to do this. You do not even have to install Lightroom at all. If the Lightroom Classic catalog is synced to the cloud, then anything that is in the cloud will automatically download into Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your settings here and post a screen capture:

Anmerkung 2020-12-25 171755.png

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are all my settings, first in Lightroom Classic:

2020-12-26_14h36_53.png2020-12-26_14h37_18.png

And in LR desktop version:

2020-12-26_14h47_16.png

But still there are no sync between LR and LrC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have Both LrC and LrD installed on the same computer?

I also asked for a screen shot of the Collections section of the left hand side panel.

IMHO having both LrC and LrD installed on the same computer is a Very Bad Idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is:

2020-12-26_15h09_48.png

OK I have now uninstalled the desktop version of Lightroom and only have LrC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Just Shoot Me Why is that a "Very Bad Idea"? I'm curious to know, as I have been running both apps on both my Windows and Mac systems since 2017 with zero issues. I agree that often there is little point to running them both on the same system, but that's entirely different to saying that doing so is a "Very Bad Idea"....the latter implies that something bad might happen if they are both installed on the same system, so I'm wondering what that might be? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said in My Option.

Both program can get really confused with what is happening.

Say you import the same images into both programs. Then one want to upload them to the cloud system and the other then wants to download them. But they are already in the other program.

Just typing the above gets confusing.

If you know how to run both at the same time I guess it is ok. Don't really know as I have never installed the desktop version. I only use LrC, the web system and the mobile app on my phone.

I don't sync many images and only a few from my phones camera synced back down to LrC.

It is also my option to get ONE program, LrC, working correctly with the Web system and then make sure it is syncing to the mobile system on phone and pad and then the phone or pad working in the reverse direction.

Or the same using the desktop version.

It is also my option that If you buy the Photography plan subscription the newer Lr Desktop Should NOT be available to you. Only trhe classic version, Ps and the mobile version of Lr be available.

There is just to much confusion, IMHO, having both the classic and desktop version available with that subscription.

Pick One and stick with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mikaels71195823 You said in your original post that you can see the images in Lightroom web. However, the screenshot that you included is NOT from LrWeb, but is in fact from the Lightroom Desktop app. I wouldn't expect there to be any difference, however to be certain it would be useful to see a screenshot from the Lr Web app (login using your Adobe ID at lightroom.adobe.com).

Also, the screenshot which you later include from the Lr Classic Preferences>Lightroom Sync does not show the lower half of the screen. This is where any pending sync activity would be listed, so a screenshot of that area would be useful.

Assuming that does not show any pending files, and also assuming you only have the one Adobe ID that all your apps are logged into, I would try rebuilding the sync data file in Lr Classic. To do that, open the Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab then press and hold the Alt key on the keyboard, and you will see a "Rebuild Sync Data" button appear. Click on that, Classic should restart and the rebuild will take place. With so few images in the cloud that rebuild will be very quick, when it's complete you will see that syncing has been paused. Click on the "Resume Syncing" botton then wait to see if the images start to appear in Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are from LR web:

2020-12-26_15h51_15.png

Here ar the synch tab:

2020-12-26_15h52_57.png

The text in the big square says: No synchronization activities

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Try this.

In LrC Create a Collection. Name it something like Test Sync to Web.

Select and place some images into that collection and then click the box to the left of that collection name , the box outline is hard to see but if you place your cursor over it it will change to the sync icon and then Click on it, to tell it to Sync with the web system.

2020-12-26 10_09_56-2020-12-25 22_02_29-LrC V10 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Librar.png

Check that those images have synced up to the Web system and then down to LrM on your phone.

you should see the Collection Name in the web and mobile system under Albums.

2020-12-26 10_15_04-Test Sync Collection.png

Does that all happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll tried that but after 15 minutes it hadn't synced but the wheel was there

2020-12-26_16h40_46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll think I give it up, I had same problems erlier and solved it. Then after upgrading it happend again I don't know why there aren't better instructions on Adobes pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines