• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding addresses to Lightroom Email

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used the email capability from LRcc until now. It set up my account and validated my email account with my provider, and I can send photos just fine. The problem is, none of my contacts from my account show up when I am preparing the message for sending in the normal contextual way. There must be a way to copy into or import my address book from my account into LR. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim Hodder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

There is not a way to copy your address book into Lightroom.  The workaround is to just hit send when the Lightroom email dialog comes up without inputing addresses or subject and then use your email client/address book to input this data and hit send again in your email client.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not a way to copy your address book into Lightroom.  The workaround is to just hit send when the Lightroom email dialog comes up without inputing addresses or subject and then use your email client/address book to input this data and hit send again in your email client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,
I'm trying to follow your suggestion to be able to access my Google Contacts when emailing photos.
I've used the built in Lightroom dialog for years and other than having to reconfigure when something radical changed with a Lightroom update, I've had no problem ...except I'm restricted to the address book I create as I go in Lightroom.
Since the emails I send go via gmail, I assume I must have something set up correctly but when I follow your suggestion and try to send without a recipient in the To field, I am unable to because without an address in the To field, the send button is grayed out.

What am I doing wrong?

Windows 10, latest, Lightroom Classic 9.1

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not correct. It is not possible to hit the 'send' button if there is nothing entered in the To field since it is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read Bob's post I was replying to you will see that is what he stated. My question to him here and on a pm is exactly that.

As it is now I can't send from Lightroom. This is really astonishing that a 21'st century photo management program we pay monthly for  is incapable of interfacing with the user's gmail without crippling gmail's security.

Adobe needs to make this work. They are surely big enough to work with Google to resolve it and program Lightroom accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have misunderstood Bob Somrak's post then I apologise, however this is what he wrote:

"The workaround is to just hit send when the Lightroom email dialog comes up without inputing addresses or subject"

and it seems to me that that is incorrect. I tried to do that and the 'send' button is greyed out.

I was facing the same issue and could not send email from within Lightroom. However, Google provides a perfectly good, and secure, method of allowing emails to be sent from applications that are stymied by 2 factor authentification. It is possible to enable Lightroom to use a Google provided secure password  and bypass the use of 2 factor authentication for the integration of apps. It is easy to set up and Lightroom is then able to send emails via Google's SMTP gateway.
The bigger issue is that Lightroom requires its own address book with no ability to imprt contacts or integrate with a Mac or Windows address book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martin, hopefully you can enlighten me on this.

How do you enable Lightroom to use a Google provided secure password  and bypass the use of 2 factor authentication for the integration of apps?  Also, what (if anything) needs to be done in your gmail to facilitate it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this link. It should help you solve your issue.

Regards

Martin Fuggle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same probem, and when I click on the link in your 9/29 message I get the following:

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

I am using the current version of Safari, on an iMac running the latest version of MacOS. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

revisiting this again because I just reinstalled Windows and LrC. That link takes you to "Website Under Construction"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU MARTIN! Finally the function works like it should. I just couldn't get my head around setting that up before.

One problem I did have is that I use a secondary email address for my photography. It is just an alias on my regular gmail account. I had to tweak the Credential Settings as follows:

Email Address:  the alias I use for my photo business @gmail.com

User Name:        my primary address@gmail.com

This whole process is something ADOBE should have in their Lightroom Mail instructions.

I really appreciate the help you have provided on this. Awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines