• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment Brush

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the adjustment brush to overexpose the background of a photo.  I select the adjustment brush, paint the background, and then adjust the exposure, but the exposure for the entire photo is changed.  

What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite often people are caught out by a quirk of the interface: the brush adjustment panel can be expanded or collapsed.

When it's expanded, you can see its whole separate set of sliders. When collapsed, these sliders are not visible and the Basic panel's sliders are easy to mistake for those. Changing any basic panel slider has global effect even if you are also in the middle of working on a local adjustment.

The triangular icon button to expand and collapse the local adjustment panel, is found to the right of "Effect". The latter is where, even when the panel's collapsed, a local adjustment preset can still be chosen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen-clips can be helpful to add to the best answer from @richardplondon 

Note the triangle 'spinner' on the [Effect:  Custom:   ] line.

Brush panel Collapsed-  The 'Amount ' slider will adjust the overall brush effect of ALL brush sliders that you set in the Expanded view.

ScreenShot047.jpg

Brush panel Expanded-

ScreenShot049.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines