• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe® Color Printer Utility to print your targets without color management

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've released a new utility called the Adobe® Color Printer Utility to print your targets without color management applied. Details here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/834/cpsid_83497.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACPU is buggy in terms of scaling. It should’t. I don’t know the exact set of parameters that make it scale some targets but obviously not others. Here’s what I’d suggest. I don’t use argyllcms nor know what the resolution of their targets are. But targets built in several X-rite products I use don’t scale incorrectly. The resolution is 101.6ppi or 40 pixels per cm. I suggest you try resampling them (use nearest Neighbor in Photoshop) and see if they output at 100% of what they should.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew,

Argyll can print out in user defined resolution. All my targets are 100ppi and I've confirmed this in Photoshop. I'm not sure rescaling will help on this.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan, the point is ACPU’s bug is somehow related to output resolution as far as I can see. I’ve output targets of differing sizes and resolution and thus far, the size (40pixels per cm) hasn’t caused any scaling issues. 41 or 39 (or something else?) can’t say. It would certainly be useful to test in terms of reporting to Adobe.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My  issue w/the ACPU is that it does not seem to print accurate colors when comparing test charts printed from i1 Match and the ACPU. The ACPU prints are noticably lighter and less saturated looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am out of the office until the 8th of September and will respond to emails then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ricksz wrote:

My  issue w/the ACPU is that it does not seem to print accurate colors when comparing test charts printed from i1 Match and the ACPU. The ACPU prints are noticably lighter and less saturated looking.

That is a clear indication that you printer drivers is profiling when it shouldn't be.

What OS and what printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am out of the office until the 8th of September and will respond to emails then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2011 Sep 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS are Win7 & XP. The printer is a Xerox Phaser 7750. The driver is set to "none" is the color options section. I'm pretty certain the settings are correctly chosen, having triple checked them. I won't try using the utility yet with my other printers (Epson 4000, 7600,7880), until I'm able to figure out what's going on.

The colors on the i1 test charts are "faded" looking compared to the the much more saturated colors of the charts printed through i1 Match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2011 Sep 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this work with Lightroom and if not, do you have a similar utility for LR3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems there are quite a few issues with this program - including not being able to set margins and issues with scaling - which have never been addressed or fixed.

It seems one reason might be that adobe feels, 'well, this utility is just for printing color targets so we don't need to fix the bugs - people can live with them,' or some similar sentiment.

One problem with this is some of us use it for more than printing targets. For example, some of us want to print 'digital negatives' (transparencies) with no color management, and not being able to set the margins or having the utility randomly re-scale an image are big issues.

Therefore some bug fixes would be very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Come on Adobe, complaints about this app for years, I can't even open the app with mac os Mojave, are you going to do anything about this. An app made in 2010 is no good what so ever with todays systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines