• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe® Color Printer Utility to print your targets without color management

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've released a new utility called the Adobe® Color Printer Utility to print your targets without color management applied. Details here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/834/cpsid_83497.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the fix so the Canon iPF drivers properly default to No Color Correction.

On OS X, because of Canon's use of a special casing file to identify  applications that when choosing application manages color printing, set  No Color Correction instead of Color in the printer driver, the Adobe® Color Printer Utility  needs to be added to the AppColorMatchingInfo.xml file.

This file includes all previous updates.

http://www.dypinc.com/Canon/AppColorMatchingInfo.xml.zip

The file goes here.

/Library/Printers/Canon/GARO/Frameworks/GARO_CUPS.framework/Versions/A /Resources/AppColorMatchingInfo.xml

Make sure you save the original in case you want to go back to it.

Doyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2010 Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain why this resizes target images ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul, I have tried printing these targets:

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/photos/tmp/RGB1728EyeOneIOTargets.zip

with ACPU and they come out correctly sized (i.e., exactly 7.5" x 10"). I compared the result with printing the targets from CS3, CS4, and CS5, and they all come out exactly the same size.

My personal test setup was Mac OS 10.6.4 + Epson 3880 + driver 6.60.

What's your system config?

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eye1 targets that should be 263mm x 173mm (8bit utagged TIFFs 1050px x 692px @ 101dpi) are printing out at 253mm x 167mm on my printers here (Epson 3800/1800 Oki B4200).

I'm not the only one suffering this (see reports on luminous-landscape.com forums).

The interface isn't up to Adobe's usual high standards either, should this really be released yet ? it seems rather a beta version to me.

Using Windows 7 64bit, fully up to date, patched and using the latest drivers.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 23, 2010 Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eye1 targets that should be 263mm x 173mm (8bit utagged TIFFs 1050px x 692px @ 101dpi) are printing out at 253mm x 167mm on my printers here (Epson 3800/1800 Oki B4200).

Certianly looks like a bug on the Window side. Does it resize when you print to a PDF file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Certianly looks like a bug on the Window side."

No, check out the thread referenced above for credible reports of resizing on Macs too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2010 Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Color Printer Utility.  It prints ok, but it will not print borderless on 4x6 media.  I select sheet(borderless) and 4x6 landscape, but it prints a file 4x6 and always leaves a white border on the right hand side and at the bottom of my image.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit and an Epson 3880.  All drivers are up to date.  I have tried all adjustments including setting the bleed expansion to maximum, but it still prints a bit off center.  Apparently the center of my presized 4x6 at 360 dpi is 4mm high and  4mm to the left.  Have you encountered this problem?  If so have you solved it?   img014 4x6 x borders.jpg

Notice white border at bottom and right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Color Printer Utility.  It prints ok, but it will not print borderless on 4x6 media.  I select sheet(borderless) and 4x6 landscape, but it prints a file 4x6 and always leaves a white border on the right hand side and at the bottom of my image.

For what reason do you want a profiling target at 4 x 6?

And what the heck does a photo of an airplane have to do with printing a untagged profiling target?

Did you even read the title of this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the "Adobe Color Printer Utility."  It is printing off center.  I would like to correct this before I proceed.   I consider your reply just plain rude.  You replied with 3 condescending questions.  You are not helping solve Adobe technical problems by offending people who are just trying to use Adobe applications to the best of their abilities.   You made me feel bad.   There was no need to bully me with smart questions.  I hope your day goes better, and I hope you do not treat other people in these forums like you treated me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam4X5 wrote:

I just installed the "Adobe Color Printer Utility."  It is printing off center.  I would like to correct this before I proceed.   I consider your reply just plain rude.  You replied with 3 condescending questions.  You are not helping solve Adobe technical problems by offending people who are just trying to use Adobe applications to the best of their abilities.   You made me feel bad.   There was no need to bully me with smart questions.  I hope your day goes better, and I hope you do not treat other people in these forums like you treated me.

From the OP. "We've released a new utility called the Adobe® Color Printer Utility to print your targets without color management applied."

What size is your target?

Does printing your target off center cause you not to be able to ready your target?

What instrument are you using to read your target?

If you reply to this question in the manner that you replied to the last one I will consider you to ignorant to even comprehend what the Adobe® Color Printer Utility is all about and I will not waste my time any further with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 06, 2010 Dec 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, considering the question and the follow up response, my guesses are:

a) name of utility confused them, thinks that they need to print all images from "Adobe Color Printer Utility".

Given the  name, it's not a totally incomprehesible idea.

b) don't understand the purpose for color profilng for printers

c) a troll

If (a), then my response would be:  This is a tool for color profiling printers only, not for general printing.

if (b), then my reponse would be: This is a tool for color profiling printers only, not for general printing. Look up profiling to understand what this tool does.

if (c), then my reponse would be:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what reason do you want a profiling target at 4 x 6?

You might want to print to 4x6 for profiling dye-sub printers.

My business profiles quite a lot of dye-subs and other printers using non-standard materials and sizes, so a target printing utility DOES need to be able to print targets accurately at sizes other than A4/letter.

Paul Holman

www.colourprofiles.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing will print. Help

I installed and I am on a mac snow leopard. printing to an Epson 4880 and printing a xrite target. correct paper was chosen and cc mgt off. it looks like it will print but does not and nothing goes to the print Que.

shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shawn  I am having the same problem but my printer is a canon MP980, anyone any ideas what the problem is and where to start looking.

Cheers

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shawn  I am having the same problem but my printer is a canon MP980, anyone any ideas what the problem is and where to start looking.

Does the print job ever get to the queue? Enable Show Print Jobs. If it shows up there what does Job Info say?  Also look at the CUPS log files which might give a indication as to what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the quick response, and no it does not get to the print que when I hit the print button it goes off into space somewhere, I also cannot do a print preview as it just doesn't seem to recognise the printer although the printer name appears in the drop down menu and I can select it.  When I come back out of the utility everything works fine including the printer.

Thanks

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2010 Dec 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the rseizing bug ever be fixed ? or do Adobe think this isn't important ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2010 Dec 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they will get around to fixing it because resizing errors could indicate a corrupt file or a virus. This could cause many computer knowledgeable people to have concern. Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the rseizing bug ever be fixed ? or do Adobe think this isn't important ?

Is the resizing bug impacting your reading of targets? I haven't heard anybody else say that it does.

I have not seen any resizing of targets myself with 10.6.5 and Canon iPF9000 driver version 2.17, so I wonder is this a OS bug or a printer driver bug that is causing this?

I can print correct targets (unmanaged color) with PSCS4 or ID, and identical targets with the ACPU. And I haven't heard anyone say the the targets printed with the ACPU were not printing the color (unmanaged targets) correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is the resizing bug impacting your reading of targets? I haven't heard anybody else say that it does."

If you check the Luminous landscape thread (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=49209.0) you'll find that the resizing can cause problems when reading targets through X-Rite Isis.

Even with an Eye-1Pro the slightly smaller size of the print outs incraeses the time it takes to measure the targets. This maybe acceptable if you're only making a single profile, but for those of us making lots of profiles for people this isn't at all helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you finding the resizing happens with all targets? Or have you been able to try targets that resize on one printer on other printers? If so, is the resizing the same or different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resizing is happening on every target I've tried and every printer. Each printer behaves in exactly the same way, so I'd assume that the utility is sending out the wrong size data. I've used Epson 3800.1800 and Oki B4200 so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resolution are your targets? What OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What resolution are your targets? What OS?"

See above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines