• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DNG Profile Editor

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find the right place to post this.  I went to Adobe Labs, but ended up back here.

I suspect that the 2012 version of Adobe DNG Profile Editor no longer works on a Mac running High Sierra.

I've downloaded it to two different computers, opened up a DNG image file, and while some things work, selecting the Color Matrices tab, then trying to edit saturation does not work.  I get an error message.

Any advice as to who to contact, or how I might get it working?

The goal, is to remove the red tint from an image captured for infrared.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

They changed the way we are supposed to make profiles now. Go to Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC and download the profiles SDK. It will contain instructions on how to generate profiles that shift white balance, change saturation, etc. Basically it will generate a creative profile in xmp format that you can call up in Lightroom Classic, Camera Raw and Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They changed the way we are supposed to make profiles now. Go to Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC and download the profiles SDK. It will contain instructions on how to generate profiles that shift white balance, change saturation, etc. Basically it will generate a creative profile in xmp format that you can call up in Lightroom Classic, Camera Raw and Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the SDK, and opened up the Enhanced Profiles.pdf

That seems to be the instructions.

I assume the old 2012 utility no longer works, and I will delete it.

It's too late for me to learn all this tonight - will start again tomorrow.

I assume I will be creating a new profile to remove most of the red from the image.

I have also downloaded the "redblueswap" utility, which allows me to do everything in Lightroom, no need for Photoshop to swap channels.

(Are there any YouTube videos on the new tools?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last time I used the utility it still worked but I haven’t made any

colorchecker based profiles with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the convert is seperate from the profile editor i believe - im trying to convert neutral density and infrared filter clicks from lightroom clasic. anybody have any idea where the url for the profile editor is?

c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but I don't understand it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the link i found the link for the profile editor is below the converter - just keep scrolling down 😉 
https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/dng/alpc/win/Adobe_lensprofile_creator_1_0_4_win.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the link name suggests, this is the lens profile creator. That has nothing to do with the camera profiles discussed in this two years old thread.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photo Edition 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines