• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After a complete reinstallation of my desktop PC with new hardware, reinstallation of LR6, I want now to install my LR6 perpetual license on my laptop but the max number of users is reached.

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After a complete reinstallation of my desktop PC with new hardwares and a reinstallation of LR6, I want now to install my LR6 perpetual license on my laptop but the application manager says that the max number of users is reached.

How can I deactivate my old desktop installation, not accessible anymore!
Am I right to think that a perpetual license can be installed on two different computers?

If yes, how to deactivate my old desktop config?

Thanks,

Didier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are supposed to deactivate from inside the program before you replace hardware

Since you didn't, or your computer died and you couldn't, you need to contact Adobe to reset your activation count

Chat/Phone: Mon - Fri  5am - 7pm  (US Pacific Time) <=== NOTE DAYS AND TIME

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below

Serial number and activation support (non-CC)

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service1.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John,

I will try the chat tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called and the phone option for non-cloud Photoshop just says, this product is not supported by phone.  Then it doesn't let you hang on for a person.  I did leave my number but have not yet received a call back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as the link you provided, there is not an option that applies to my product at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith-CHAT is NOT working.  I can't get anyone to deactivate me and believe me I have tried.  god, this is frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and annoyance with not having phone support for my product.  I have cs4 and my old computer died an abrupt death so I replaced it but now can't install on my new computer since the old one is still "activated" as well as an old old computer that died many years ago.  So $3k in software and I can't install it and when I try to do what it prompts me to do - call or chat to have the old computers deactivated by adobe - when I do try to get the phone number to call to do so, it says I don't have phone support.  I had a similar issue when I first bought the software and this is giving me flashbacks to that experience... paid a crap-load of money for software but can't get anyone to provide meaningful help in downloading it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Did you end up getting any help at all? I'm in the same situation. A few years back when it happened I got help fairly easily, via support chat I believe. It seems that Adobe really doesn't care for anyone outside their VIP Cloud Club

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I managed to find the right link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=ZNA_downloading-installing-setting-up_licensing-activation

Wow, that was tough, but once you get on chat, it's pretty straightforward - took maybe 5 minutes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have toyed with this for years now. Adobe is useless as far as support goes for a program I dropped a buttload of money for (CS3). I've given up on using InDesign again, Scribus is what I use.(does the same thing and it's free). I have one copy of CS3 I can use on my laptop, but I don't dare de-activate and put on my desktop (or better, TRY to put on my desktop) I don't trust that I can do that. The other died with a corrupt hard drive. Adobe doesn't really care anymore. They have most of the graphics industry hooked. If you do InDesign stuff look at Scribus. It's about time Adobe had some competition. They make me sick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DO NOT DEACTIVATE CS3. You can no longer activate CS3 any way at all. So you cannot reinstall it, cannot reactivate it, and cannot move it to another computer. Just hope your laptop hangs on as long as possible. Adobe, meanwhile, are focussing on their current customers. This also applies to CS and CS2. However, this discussion was about newer versions, and CS4, CS5 and CS6 can be activated though not everyone at Adobe thinks so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines