• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

an internal error occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday and today, when deleting rejected files from my disk, I've received the following error: "an internal error occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value."  What's going on?  This catalog seems OK, Lightroom CC Classic is working, but this is a new twist. What causes this, and what can I do to fix it? I'd rather not do anything that will destabilize my catalog, it's got 13 years of photos and data for a long term research project on harbor seals. Suggestions please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Since no answer exist for this issue and I have encountered the same error while creating a new "Folder" and "Gallery" in Lightroom Publishing services - only to encounter this error.

I did find a FIX -

* - Edit settings for the Plug In (Assuming this is the item that is having the issue - for me it was)

* - Under the Publishing and Syncing panel make sure "Sync Photos" is check and then click on the "Sync Now" button.

This fixed all for me and all is working as should be now.  After doing this, I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DrArtie,

That's definitely what should not be happening, let us help make it right. Could you please let us know which exact version of Lightroom Classic CC are you using? Note: You can find that out by going to Help > System info

Also, are you using any 3rd party plugins in Lightroom?

Could you try resetting the preferences of Lightroom and let us know if it helps?
How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC Classic 7.2; yes am using 3rd party plugins (have been for ages).

I reset the catalog preferences and they issue remains. I just tested another 2 catalogs and the same error message appears after deleting a rejected photo.

Deleting a photo directly doesn't cause the problem.

Come on Adobe Lightroom folks, please fix this bug on your end.  There are far too many of us experiencing this kind of error. I have decades of my whale research and seal research photos stored in these catalogs and I need to be sure that the catalogs will remain stable. What can be done to fix this error?

I thank you for your initial attempt to help and await a timely response

[private information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem and am very worried as I have a catalog with a lifetime of images. I use plugins that have never caused a problem and have also tried the settings reset without solving the problem.

The problem happens in all catalogs, even the smallest (and newly created) ones that I use for specific small tasks. I am not very keen to do trials without a clear view of the outcome as I am not willing to risk not accessing my photos. From a Google search it appears that users are having different variations of this issue all the way back to 2008 and versions 2 or 3 of Lightroom. It is amazing that such erratic behavior has not been resolved for such a long time. I will be more happy if Adobe looks in detail at the problem and issues an official fix, either here or in a future update.

Best

Dimitrios

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have exactly the same issue, which started some time last year. The message occurs when I delete photos (I follow the same process since years ago: flag multiple photos with key X and them use Ctr+Backspace and choose "delete from disk"). Everything else seems to work just fine right now, but I'm worried about internal inconsistency of the catalogue, that  can render it unusable one day (10+ years of family photos).

Please take a look into this issue.

Cheers!

Tomasz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

Yesterday I have imported about 150 GB of photos in LR CC CLASSIC. Today I started to delete some photos and face the same problem with this odd message now. I really do not feel comfortable with this situation as I have saved over 3 TB of photos in LR ...

Please provide a fix / information on the matter!

Thanks & Cheers!

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I need to weed about 3000 pictures out of 33000 but I'm reduced to doing it 50 pictures at a time otherwise LR hangs and I get the 'internal error' message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens intermittently for me as well, but only if I try deleting something while a publish service is running at the same time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too almost every time when I delete photo from the lightroom.

I have Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.1 release and Camera Raw 10.3

No other plugins.

Tnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people have reported this problem recently. Please add details of your issue to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic: "An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value" | Photoshop F... . Be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. This will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem trying to publish using the latest SmugMug Plug-in that has worked for years. I run the latest LR CC V12.0.1 and the latest Smugmug plugin. I can export but not publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@hofde01, you've posted in a old thread whose original topic involved a different error message. Please start a new thread, including:

1. A precise description of the steps that your taking

2. Screenshots of the error messages

3. Do the menu command Help > System and copy/paste the output into your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue intermittantly when I delete a  photo to the recycle bin. I am running Win 10 10.0.18362, Lightroom  8.4. Is there any solution forthcoming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FoggyPreacher  wrote

I have the same issue intermittantly when I delete a  photo to the recycle bin. I am running Win 10 10.0.18362, Lightroom  8.4. Is there any solution forthcoming?

Do you happen to have the Logitech Options plug-in enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sir I do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it back. When I looked at the bottom of the left panel it did not show the Logitech Options. However, when I went to the Plugin Manager, there it was. I disabled it. Will it cause any harm to the function of my Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will it cause any harm to the function of my Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard?

Disabling the plugin will stop you from defining LR-specific shortcuts using the Logitech mouse or keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright because I do not use them anyway. Thank you all for the help. I have another issue but will save for another day as it is getting late.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-check you don't have the Logitech plugin installed by doing File > Plug-in Manager.  Logitech installs it automatically when you install its utilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 20.25.17.png

These are the errors I am getting.  There is one photo that is completely blank.  I can't delete it, remove it or anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone i have the same problem please can Adobe advice me as well when fixed pleaase

@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem please can Adobe advice me as well when fixed pleaase

As already described above, view the bug report and click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. You'll then be notified when the bug's status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it is mid June and I am having the same problem that all of the above have been complaining about. Why hasn't this been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its all my fault, Adobe has never fixed any bug I've reported, some of them going back many years.

More seriously, it fixes very few at all, just look back on the previous releases. A bumper release is if there are more than a handful of fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since no answer exist for this issue and I have encountered the same error while creating a new "Folder" and "Gallery" in Lightroom Publishing services - only to encounter this error.

I did find a FIX -

* - Edit settings for the Plug In (Assuming this is the item that is having the issue - for me it was)

* - Under the Publishing and Syncing panel make sure "Sync Photos" is check and then click on the "Sync Now" button.

This fixed all for me and all is working as should be now.  After doing this, I no longer get the error, and can upload images to my site.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines