• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone successfully tethering a Canon R5 to LrC even with the updates installed?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded LrC to 9.4 and Camera Raw to 12.4 and when I try to tether my Canon R5, it never recognizes the camera.  Continuosly tells me 'no camera'.  If I use Canon Connect 3, the camera is recognized (only by the canon program).  Thus, cable and camera is fine, something going on between R5 and LrC.  If anyone has any suggestions or has successfully tethered, please advise.  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This camera is not supported for tethering to LightrooM Classic. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for the raw files comes first. Support for tethered shooting follows later. Tethered shooting is not something that is automatically guaranteed for every model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes sense.  Thanks everyone for responding and the clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tethered shooting for R5 is  not supported rightnow in 9.4,,, i am also eagerly waiting for the next update from lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded LRC v10.0 and it still doesn't recognize the Canon r5 as being connected?  WTF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow this is seriously tragic, had to buy Capture One since Lightroom can not keep up the game. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggle shooting portraits without tethering my Canon R5 to Lightroom Classic while shooting my client's portraits.  Sadly, that is exactly what I am doing with the NEW RELEASED Lightroom Classic 10.0 update.  I like Adobe's products and can only speculate that they locked down the last RC (release candidate) well before Canon launched the R5. I am doing everything I can to AVOID PURCHASING another solution for my portrait work & TETHERING. However, if Adobe thinks that I have too much time invested in LR's workflow...that I won't abandon ship for another solution - they would be wrong.  I almost feel as if Adobe wants us to shop around for other solutions.   

MYSTIFIED & DISAPPOINTED 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed, updated to 10.0 this morning and no dice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven’t found a way. When I connect my R5 to my MacBook Pro LR 10.0 doesn’t recognize the camera.

Tom Weishaar
Photographer

One More Shot Photography, LLC
Phoenixville, PA
OneMoreShot.com
tom@OneMoreShot.com
@tomweishaar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a big corporate shoot today, used the tether tools all with hot folder set up to get the pictures from the R5 into lightroom 10.0.

it works, but far from perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual solution is to tether using canon's software and then point Bridge at a folder. 

This is a lot faster than Lightroom tethering, and usually more reliable. It's standard in the fashion world for those who don't use C1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even i tried lightroom 10.0,, not connecting to canon R5 and not able to import photos from the card also, on MAC Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CANON R5 IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LIGHTROOM 10 for tethering

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Auto import feature in LR as a work around.  Super easy to do, just use the Canon software to tether and put them into a specific folder and have LR Auto-import.  It's still super fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to fathom that with Adobe's vast resources, as we sit here on December 22nd 2020, nearly 6 months after the public release of the Canon R5, that it still does not offer tethered support in Lightroom. It really boggles my mind. 

The only response that I've gotten from Adobe Support is:

deandavis_0-1608668557796.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sad, shame on you Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an estimated timeframe that we can expect to tether the R5 to LRC?  The workaround using DPP is far too slow to be useable. I just signed a lease on my studio and need a real solution soon. Getting ready to switch to Capture one if there is not a LRC solution very soon. 
thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now January 10th and this camera is still not supported: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html#live-view-support-canon

Has there been any update from Adobe when they might support it? I've been tethering with Capture One flawlessly with the R5 since October.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never tells us users when new features will be added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I friendly and respectfully (according to the forum rules) ask:

Are you friendly and respectfully kidding me, Adobe?

It's the instant industry-standard-camera for Canon and no tether support?

Capture one works flawlessly. If you want the commercial-pros to use LR you need to supply fast and flawless tether, I believe.

Sorry, other forum-users for the unproductive comment, but I hope Adobe is reading (though I doubt it...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture one pro is so much better,,it works beautifully with canon R5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon has zero wireless tethering support for their cameras even if EOS utility (for connectivity) has been established. You can use EOS Utility interface for wireless tethering and then drop images in watched folder in LR for auto import as a workaround. The claim from Adobe that Canon has been supported since LR10 is a debatable one. My 1Dx iii can be tethered by USB-C but the live view function is sluggish and is much better through EOS Utilities (Canon's proprietory software). Yep, Canon's software works better than Adobe's, and that's an concern for the almighty Adobe. Reality check right there. Let me say that again... Canon's wireless tethering is faster than Adobe's wired tethering. 

As for my R5, Adobe doesn't recognise it. 

For a company that used to rule the roost, there's scope for competitors to come in a take an easy bite at some market share. Capture One, I'm talking to you. Adobe still think they don't have competition but this game will change if they keep this arrogance and ignorance up. I have always loved Adobe but they have gone downhill in recent (subscription) years and I'm ready to switch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using Capture one pro now, as Adobe lightroom is not responding/working on providing support to new camera like canon R5.

Capture one pro is so beautiful, camera profile for R5 is also good,, colours are so much better instantaniously- its a heavenly experince 

I wonder why I was using lightroom all these years(8 years)- ofcourse there is no HDR and panaroma stitch possible in captureone pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribed to Capture 1 V21 specifically because it would work with the Canon R5. I'm not sure why Adobe is not able to issue patches for this in the cloud model applications. I would prefer to use Lightroom as it is my companies standard software but ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines