• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are you connected to the internet?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings! Starting my Classic Lr CC (subscription paid) a pop-up window questions my connectivity and also states that Adobe "Can't verify subscription status... " and does NOT indicate an error number. I have no access to my app. Please note that I do have access to the internet and connectivity. How do i go about solving this issue? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you are logged in with the CC app.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment. When I start Lr, the pop-up window indicated dominates the screen and will not permite me to access the "Sign In" mode. It repeats the message previously stated with the only options to "Try Again" or exit. I can start Photoshop (and automatically Sign in) as part of my subscription but NOT Lr. On an additional note, I can initiate Adobe Creative Cloud where my apps are listed. Very frustrating. FSV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

franciscos85426330  wrote

Thanks for your comment. When I start Lr, the pop-up window indicated dominates the screen and will not permite me to access the "Sign In" mode. It repeats the message previously stated with the only options to "Try Again" or exit. I can start Photoshop (and automatically Sign in) as part of my subscription but NOT Lr. On an additional note, I can initiate Adobe Creative Cloud where my apps are listed. Very frustrating. FSV

I said you have to be logged in with the CC App. That app manages your subscription and should be running all the time. From what you say it seems it is not.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's indifferent. Both Lr and Ps have opened in the past (yesterday, etc) whether the CC app is open/active or not. In any case, if my subscription is paid (as it is) for the period (month, year) I ought to be able to use my apps. Supposed the was no internet connection available? I would then be unable to use my paid app? There seems to be an underlying problem thats concerning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

franciscos85426330  wrote

It's indifferent. Both Lr and Ps have opened in the past (yesterday, etc) whether the CC app is open/active or not. In any case, if my subscription is paid (as it is) for the period (month, year) I ought to be able to use my apps. Supposed the was no internet connection available? I would then be unable to use my paid app? There seems to be an underlying problem thats concerning.

AFAIK, the CC app needs to be running all the time. If it is, then you can run Photoshop and Lightroom without an internet connection for a month. If it is not, they will complain each time you start them. If you know better, I can't help you.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The “underlaging” problem is you were probably not connected to the internet the day your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop cAllen home to verify your license status. Bring up the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app, login, and move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friends, first I don't know better, that's the reason I'm asking for help and which I appreciate. Moving on as it is suggested, I just uninstalled and reinstalled Lr (desktop version, i believe I mentioned earlier in this thread) directly from the ACC: same result, window pop-up. Hence connectivity and subscription seems to be ok, except that Lr wont open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, got off my rear end, got away from the iPad and turned on the PC.

We are obviously having a failure to communicate, and since pictures are worth a thousand words, some screenshots are called for.

First up, your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA), click where shown:

Next up in ACCDA is your account shown as logged in

Note, if you sign out the nasty message you would get before doing so:

Now in LR, are you signed in or out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! Have signed out as suggested and signed back in. Also, reinstalled directly from ACC my Lr. (please note that I've yet to update Lr Cloud based app). I then tried to open directly from the drop down menu with the resulting image.

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 1.37.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-21 at 1.40.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

franciscos85426330   napsal(a)

I must totally agree with Francis. I usually do part of my work while traveling with no Internet connection available. Today's evening, Lightroom refused to start complaining that it could not verify my subscription status. I have to say that the computer has access to Internet every day and so it had earlier this day, while Lightroom had still been running. Restarting the computer while offline did not help in any way and I could only use lightroom when I returned home and clicked the Try again button.

My paid Adobe CC subscription will not be ending until the 24th of December, what the ACC application already knows. If I look up Adobe processes in Windows Task Manager, there are literally dozens of them running in the background every time the system is turned on but yet I am prevented from using the purchased products. Does that mean I might not be able to use Lightroom CC Classic or Photoshop CC 2019 each time when there is no connection available? Like when on travel or on a photo shooting? Please do not get me wrong, it really is concerning if Adobe Creative Cloud applications can refuse to work anytime in the future, ruining one's commitments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I think this is a timing issue, if your computer has not been connected to the internet, or even if it has, you are not in the practice of leaving your adobe account logged into via CC, then it is possible that when your copy of CC espects to connect with Adobe to verify license status (or perhaps it’s the Other way around),, and this handshake does not succeed during some time frame (not a clue how long), then your license status becomes unknown, and goes downhill from that point.

one would think that a clear notice would pop up stating as such, but then one would also think that a version upgrade should not create new problems like unable to edit in PS if PS is not already running. Yes venting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, used google and found this:

Why Adobe can't verify my subscription if i already pay?

and this:

Troubleshoot licensing issues | CC 2019

In the later, pay attention to connectivity issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It occurred to me, that my experience with Lightroom when not connected too the Internet was only on my laptop (used on travel) and not on my desktop at home (never ever ever without internet), so I did some experimenting.

My experiment:

Scenario 1: Internet (yes), Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, logged in (yes), Launch Lightroom, works fine

Scenario 2: Continuing with above status as a starting point (Internet yes, Adobe ID logged in via Creative Cloud Desktop yes) and with Lightroom running, if I go to the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and sign out, I get a warning, Lightroom still runs (when I check, it has me in a not signed in status), cannot start Photoshop (get warning about not logged in, failure occurs when I cancel that). if I close Lightroom, and then attempt to launch Lightroom, I get the same failure as for Photoshop.

Scenario 3: Continuing scenario (1) (Internet yes, Adobe ID logged in via Creative Cloud Desktop yes)  then in Lightroom, sign out, get a warning but Lightroom still works. Cannot launch Photoshop, if I exit Lightroom then restart it Lightroom comes up, a warning and logon comes up, if I cancel, Lightroom exits

Scenario 4: Internet (yes), Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, logged in (yes), In Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, sign out, Launch Lightroom, it comes up, a warning and login comes up, canceling that Lightroom exits.

Scenario 5: Internet (yes), Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, logged in (yes), Now if I intentionally disconnect from the Internet (unplugged cable, no wifi) the Creative Cloud Desktop does not indicate lack of Internet, but, when I launch Lightroom, a different warning/note pops up complaining about lack of internet, and that can't verify subscription status..Not given option to ignore, just try again or quit. Ahh,, at this point clicking on Creative Cloud Desktop comes up with notice of no internet Connection.

Scenario 6. If I Logout of my Adobe account via the Creative Cloud Desktop app, and I restart the computer, (and I do not have any auto log setup, if that is even possible) and then I reboot (and this includes a cold boot), upon startup the Creative Cloud Desktop App states I am not logged in. And launching Lightroom fails as above.

Scenario 7. If I am logged in via the Creative Cloud Desktop, and I shut down, disconnect my internet, and restart. Upon restart, the Creative Cloud Desktop, when brought up complains about no internet connection (THE SCREEN YOUR ARE RECEIVING) . BUT, when I start lightroom, it works. Note that if I look at (in lightroom) am I signed in? and it states yes (apparently meaning signed in to the Creative Cloud Desktop app)

END POINT, If previously to travel you were completely logged in to your Adobe account, And when you shut the laptop down, you did not sign out (your Adobe Account), then at next reboot without internet, Lightroom should work. If, for some reason you signed out from Adobe (via the Creative Cloud Desktop app) it will not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines