• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artifacts Showing In Images

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I'm honestly at a loss right now. About two days ago Artifacts and lines started to show up on videos and images while editing on Adobe Premiere and Lightroom. At first, I thought it was a GPU issue so I tried (a. reinstalling drivers, b. installing older drivers c. Switching between CUDA and software rendering in premiere)
Then I realized that these artifacts only happen on certain videos and clips furthermore these glitches only happen in these two apps and not VLC or other players. Certain clips shot on my A7sIII have glitches and None of the clips from my A7rIV have any issues. The clips playback perfectly when I am using a proxy version of it but as soon as I switch to the actual file it starts to happen. (I've also tried opening other projects as well as new projects and the issue still occurs) (seems to be happening on only 10bit videos but some videos in 10bit are fine)
Thinking it might be an SSD issue I transferred the files into another SSD and the issue still persists. Then I tried installing a separate (fresh) Windows OS and opening these files up again and on Premiere Pro the glitching still happens. HOWEVER on lightroom the glitching on images no longer happens which is odd. I also tried opening the same files on another computer from work and the files play back perfectly.
I have no idea what else I should do to resolve this issue and I'm open to any suggestions. Thank you for your time!

TLDR: Artifacts in Videos and Images only from my editing computer.
List of things I've done to troubleshoot this issue
  1. Reinstall Nivida Drivers (Fresh Install)
  2. Install Game Ready Drivers (originally Studio Drivers)
  3. Install older Nivida Drivers
  4. Dialed back Overclock settings
  5. Disabled any Overclocks
  6. Reinstall Adobe Suite (all adobe apps)
  7. Installed older version of Apps
  8. Movies files to a different SSD
  9. Deleted Video Previews as well as Caches for Premiere Projects
  10. Changed Premiere Pro Renderer
  11. Changed Lightroom Graphics Acceleration
  12. Created new Premiere Pro project with [8k,4k,1080p] at [16bit, 10bit, 8bit] in H.264 and H.265
    1. It seems like none of the 8bit h.264 files are affected (Sony A7Riv)
    2. All files that have the glitching are from 16/10bit videos (Sony A7sIII, FX6)
    3. Not all files from my (Sony A7sIII and Fx6) have the same glitching issue
  13. Installed separate windows 10 OS partition to see if the issue is resolved
    1. Lightroom Lines and Artifacts don't appear in new windows install
    2. Premiere Pro glitches still happen
  14. Used separate PC to playback files and all of them playback perfectly

PC with Issue Specs:
Reinstall OS: Windows 10 Pro
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
Ram: 128GB Corsair 3200
GPU: RTX 2080Ti
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 2TB (x4)

Office PC *with no issues*
CPU: Intel Xeon-3175X
Ram: 480GB ECC DDR4 Ram
GPU: RTX8000 (x4)
SSD: Intel 905P 1.5tb (x4)

Media Server *also with no Issues*
CPU: i7 8700k
RAM: 16GB DDR4
GPU: RTX4000
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 1tb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, are you RAM memory numbers correct?

Ram: 128GB Corsair 3200

Ram: 480GB ECC DDR4 Ram

Really 480GB???? My guess is that you have some issue with one or more of your installed memory DIMMs. Try removing all but 16 GB and see if the issue persists. If so run the below memory diagnostic.

https://www.memtest86.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late response, I will try to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks as if you have a number of corrupt raw images. If you have backups of the files you could try replacing the raw files.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely a corrupted file. Could be caused by bad memory or failing hard disk.

Thinking it might be an SSD issue I transferred the files into another SSD and the issue still persists.

If it is a corrupted file, then copying a file to another disk does not remove the corruption.

Also, please try turning off the GPU accelearation in Lightroom Classic. (preferences->Performance->Use Graphics Processor should OFF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines