• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Button in Develop Preset

Engaged ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can create a Develop Preset that will use the Auto Button for a series of photos that I am importing?  Currently I have to import the photos and then use the Auto Button one file at a time.  I'd like to be able to do this to get some baseline develop adjustments made before I individually adjust each photo.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

"Is there a way I can create a Develop Preset that will use the Auto Button for a series of photos that I am importing? Currently I have to import the photos and then use the Auto Button one file at a time."

In the Import module under Apply During Import> Develop Settings> Classic General you can select 'Auto Settings.' This will apply Auto Tone uniquely to each import file. However, when doing so on import, or after import using Auto Sync LrC uses the lower resolution image data in the camera

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The auto button is not the tool for this. You have no control over how it will handle each photo.

You can create presets for your photos, and then apply the presets in bulk (if you want) or to individual photos (if you want) and so in this fashion, "some baseline develop adjustments" are made to the desired photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dj_paige for the response. I'm already doing some baseline
adjustments upon importing photos. I really like what auto does as a
starting point and was hoping I could incorporate that into my workflow. Oh
well.

(post edited by moderator to remove personal info and Web link)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there a way I can create a Develop Preset that will use the Auto Button for a series of photos that I am importing? Currently I have to import the photos and then use the Auto Button one file at a time."

In the Import module under Apply During Import> Develop Settings> Classic General you can select 'Auto Settings.' This will apply Auto Tone uniquely to each import file. However, when doing so on import, or after import using Auto Sync LrC uses the lower resolution image data in the camera raw cache to calculate the settings.This is revealed when you look at each of the imported files with Auto Settings or applied using Auto Sync by the Auto button being highlighted. When you click on the Auto button it will go black indicating the full-resolution image data has been used to calculate the settings. The results are often very close to applying 'Auto' individually to each AFTER they have been imported, but sometimes there are undesirable differences.

Best suggestion is to use either method keeping in mind that clicking on the Auto button may provide better results. I find it useful and most image files require only a slight adjustment to Exposure to achieve very acceptable results.

See this report that I filed for more information.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-desktop-classic-option-to-b...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Todd.  You’ve nailed the problem I am trying to solve and done a great analysis.  I think I’ll stick to using the Auto Button on one file at a time until Adobe comes up with an option to  do full-quality batch Auto.  That is, if they ever do.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adding your Upvote (Green Arrow), Comments, and Follow at my report will help to get Adobe's attention. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines