• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken export under macOS for a few months now

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it's not possible to submit a bug directly to Adobe. 

But just in case no one noticed, there is a bug with exporting under macOs and Lightroom Classic.

"There was an error opening the file"...

reverting back to 13 is the ONLY fix. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please review: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idi-p/12373403

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-do-i-post-in-discussions-or-bugs/idi-p/13691... 

An actual report would need far more information than you have provided. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But just in case no one noticed, there is a bug with exporting under macOs and Lightroom Classic.

More info required. That's a vague error message. What is the full error message? Any error code?

Another possibility is that this is an issue unique to your system.

Which exact version of Lightroom Classic?

Which operating system?

What steps do you take to generate the error so others can try and re-produce what you are seeing?

Did this start happening as soon as you installed your current version of LrC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any problems exporting images from Lightroom Classic 13.2, nor did I have any problems exporting from Lightroom Classic 13.1 on my Mac. This must be a problem on your computer, not a bug. Does Lightroom Classic have full disk access? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure t's a problem with my computer....

If so, strange it only affects 13.1+and not any other version of lightroom older than 13.0.

Common logic would say a change was made on Adobe's end.

The fix is to stay with 13 and ignore updates cause all it does is break worfklows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this is an issue that is affecting many users for years. There is zero solutions

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lightroom/comments/z180aq/some_export_operations_had_warnings_or_errors/

Zero feedback from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Millions of Lightroom Classic users export images every day. If there was a general bug that prevented this, then there would be a tsunami of complaints by now. There isn't, however. I am not saying that there can't possibly be a bug, but if there is, it must be very specific and only manifest itself in very special situations. In order to fix something, Adobe needs to be able to reproduce it first, and that seems to be the problem. You have failed to give even the most basic information, despite a specific request to do so. That won't help fixing this either...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug, it's to do with exporting on macOS to an on demand synced drive (aka onedrive or google drive where the file is cahced on the OS). The bug was introduced with the latest version of Lightroom. Going back .1 version fixes the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that reporting anything here fixes any issues ever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs more details than what has been posted here to date.

Try posting a bug report in the Bugs forum following the tips given by @Rikk Flohr: Photography  earlier in this discussion. That'll get some traction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to repost this in the Bugs section. The rules have changed. Only confirmed bugs are posted in the Bugs section. Everything else should start here in Discussions, and it already did. Rikk posted an answer in this thread, so he is watching this.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Toastman3000

Nonsense. Many bugs have been fixed as a direct result of users reporting it here. This is about what you claim is a bug in version 13.2. As that is the latest version till today, it is obvious that this cannot have been fixed yet. If it really is a bug, then no doubt it will be fixed.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @Toastman3000

Actually, reporting here does fix stuff. When a public report in the Bugs section is fixed, two things happen:

Adobe isn't perfect, but what they do there is actually a lot more public accountability than we see from many other companies who never even publish bug reports in public form.

The problem here is isolating what exactly is causing the problem so that it’s easy to reproduce on any other computer, like a test machine at Adobe. Because like others here, my macOS 13 Mac exports from the latest version of Lightroom Classic all the time without problems. But, although I do use a couple of cloud sync servces, I don’t use the option that evicts files from local storage to the cloud. Those can be tricky, in fact Apple had some major bugs recently with that feature in iCloud Drive that they finally fixed. I don't work at Adobe but I can imagine a situation where the sync service is starting to evict files to the cloud and so maybe when Lightroom Classic goes back to verify its exports, it finds only a dataless placeholder when it was expecting for example an 810K JPEG image, and calls that an error. Some applications don’t yet know about the dataless placeholders used by cloud services that evict local files.

I am not saying that is the cause, because I don’t know. My main reason writing that last paragraph is to maybe point Adobe to how to reproduce the problem, if in fact it is related to using a cloud sync service where the feature is enabled that leaves behind only dataless placeholders locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines