• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get Range Mask to turn on

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest Lightroom Classic CC version 7.0.  I have followed the instructions to use the new Range Mask tools.  I created a mask using the graduated filter and selected the Brush option.  Range Mask is grayed out and clicking on it has not effect. So, I am not able to use it at all.  I tried updating my video driver, but that had no effect.  I am using Windows 10 with an Nvidia Quadro M4000 video card.  Anyone have any idea why I can't access the Range Mask?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

and selected the Brush option

Are you selecting the Brush that is within the Gradient Adjustment Panel?  (And NOT the Local Adjustment Brush)

With the Gradient Filter drawn, simply select the Range Mask  "Color" or "Luminance" options below the adjustment panel and work the sliders.

And the Gradient Brush continues to work for me. (Hold [Alt] to brush erase the gradient.)

ScreenShot473.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and selected the Brush option

Are you selecting the Brush that is within the Gradient Adjustment Panel?  (And NOT the Local Adjustment Brush)

With the Gradient Filter drawn, simply select the Range Mask  "Color" or "Luminance" options below the adjustment panel and work the sliders.

And the Gradient Brush continues to work for me. (Hold [Alt] to brush erase the gradient.)

ScreenShot473.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating the process took care of this and the Dehaze problem.  Before updating the process, I could not select "Color" or "Luminance" because the Range mask was grayed out.  Now it is selectable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone managed to remedy this issue? I too am unable to open the Range mask option? looks to be off but fails to allow editing. any ideas?

I have updated/reinstalled.

Lightroom Classic version: 7.0.1 [ 1142117 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 10

Version: 10.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update the process to Version 4.  If you see a lightning bolt by your adjustment brush you can click on that, or go to the Settings tab and click on Update Process.  The Process menu below that will tell you what process you are using.  If it is not Version 4, click on Version 4 and it will update to the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, using LF Classic CC 7.0.1 Camera Raw 10.0, Process Version 4.

I cannot change the Range Mask, it is Grey out.  Please advise.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see-

1. Select an image and goto Develop module

2. The 'Lightning Bolt' is visible under the histogram (for photos not yet developed with 'Classic')

ScreenShot526.jpg

3. Range Mask is greyed out.

ScreenShot523.jpg

4. Choose one of the Local Adjustment Tools  (Brush, Gradient, Radial Gradient).

ScreenShot529.jpg

5. The Process version is automatically updated to Version 4, and the 'Lightning Bolt' disappears.

ScreenShot527.jpg

6. Make slider adjustments for the tool and DRAW an adjustment on the image, eg. Drag a Gradient on the image,

ScreenShot528.jpg

7. Range Mask becomes visible with mask set to 'Off'

ScreenShot524.jpg

8.  Click on the Drop-down menu  beside [Off ] and the mask sliders become visible, with the choice of Color or Luminance.

ScreenShot525.jpg

Sorry for all the screen-clips, but it may be of help for those not seeing the Range Mask.

The most important step is to have a Brush, Gradient, or Radial Adjustment active and drawn on the image.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

many thanks to you, wobertc ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was very helpful.  I didn't understand that you had to start using the adjustment before the range mask is available.

Thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you WobertC...didn't think to paint with the brush first, then turn on the range mask...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, it turns on the range mask, I put for example luminosity, but the chosen line does not change with any of the possible changes. example temperature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please explain with some more detail.

What do you mean by- "the chosen line does not change"?

RANGE MASK (Youtube)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines