• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see my presets no matter what I do

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything, I have gone to preferences and checked store presets with this catalog, I checked to show partially compatible presets and I pressed the + to figure out if they're hidden, they're not. I have also checked profiles to see if they are hidden there and nope. When I try to import the .xmp file, It says unable to install because its already been installed. The xmp file is the RNI film preset, and I know they work because they work on lightroom on my desktop but not on my laptop. I've tried manually putting the xmp files onto every folder that I think holds the presets and nope, no luck. I've reset my computer, uninstalled lightroom, and reinstalled yet nothing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't say what OS or Lightroom version you're on. 

You could confirm the correct location as: 

On Mac they should be at 

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

where ~ is your user folder

On PC

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

Also if you've used Store Preset with Catalog, it'll prevent them being used with other catalogs, including the current one if you run an Export Catalog. Better to leave this setting off altogether. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines