• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Undo Super Res in LightRoom Classic???

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the latest version of LightRoom classic containing the new "Enhance" feature, AKA Super Res, and have a question. I was able to apply the 2X enhancement from within the library module. However, my original now says "Enhanced" in the file name, but the enhancement does NOT show up in the history field, and I cannot undo it with CNTRL+V.  I cannot find a way of undoing this action and get back to my original DNG image.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Undo and History steps appear only for actions you apply within the same file. But the Enhance command always creates a new DNG copy of the file…it starts over, so the new file has no undo or history.

Your original image should still be in the catalog. If you left Create Stack selected in the Enhance dialog box, your original and DNG copies are probably appearing as a single stack in the Filmstrip/Grid. If you expand the stack (Photo > Stacking > Expand Stack or press the S key), you will see

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

I have tried it a couple of times now. The super enhance option creates a new separate file. I have the option checked to stack the images. The new enhanced DNG file is at the top of the stack, and has "enhanced" appended to the name. The original NEF file is "underneath" with its original name. Seems to me that it's working the way it should work. I'm using Lightroom Classic 10.3 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Undo and History steps appear only for actions you apply within the same file. But the Enhance command always creates a new DNG copy of the file…it starts over, so the new file has no undo or history.

Your original image should still be in the catalog. If you left Create Stack selected in the Enhance dialog box, your original and DNG copies are probably appearing as a single stack in the Filmstrip/Grid. If you expand the stack (Photo > Stacking > Expand Stack or press the S key), you will see both the original and DNG copy.

The way you undo the results of the Enhance command (Enhance Details and Super Resolution) is to delete the DNG copy that it made. That doesn’t affect the original file, since that’s still there separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. That was it. I just discovered that the Enhanced version was displaced on the grid from its original, because "Custom" was set on the order of the files on the film strip. I found out, just as you said, that LRC had created a duplicate version and enhanced it. Again, thanks for helping me.

Regards,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried it a couple of times now. The super enhance option creates a new separate file. I have the option checked to stack the images. The new enhanced DNG file is at the top of the stack, and has "enhanced" appended to the name. The original NEF file is "underneath" with its original name. Seems to me that it's working the way it should work. I'm using Lightroom Classic 10.3 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your time and help.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you right-click on the thumb image in the strip there will be an option for Stacking ant the drop-down has an option to stack and unstack.

Screenshot 2021-06-08 at 6.18.00 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines