• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canaon iP8700 Profile Needed for Lightroom Classic...

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom Classic version 10.0.  I recently purchase a Canon iP8700 inkjet printer.  I went to print a photo and could only use with Manage By Printer under Color Profile.  Needless to say the print was awful.  I went and checked under "Other" looking for a Profile which could be managed by Lightroom.  There was nothing listed.  Where can I get the appropriate Profile? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally these get installed when you install the printer driver. So, from Canon, download the driver and install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Yes that's true. Canon supplies an installation CD but only for windows.
I did go to the Canon website but couldn't find it anywhere.

Do you have a link you can share with me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using what paper? Profiles are paper specific as well as printer specific and such a profile may not exist (meaning you need to build one or have one built for you). If a non Canon paper, that's why one doesn't exist from the driver install. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked the Canon website and there doesn't seem to be any paper profiles available for that model. I looked at Red River, and there are paper profiles for the IP8720, but none for the 8700. So I question whether or not that printer even supports paper profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for the response. So in this case it looks like it's more user or
should I say abuser error. The installation process basically consists of
two parts: 1) establish a network connection for the printer and 2) install
the iP8700 driver etc. I did the first step not realizing I also needed to
do the second step. After the first step the printer works via Airprint
but no profiles are installed. I went to print a photo and it came out
awful. I went back and this time read the installation instructions
carefully. I followed the instructions to the letter and viola all the
supported Canon profiles were installed.

Lessoned learned. RTFM. I should know better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a common problem, and not necessarily “user error.” Many users are tripped up by the AirPrint driver getting installed by default, that driver is not fully featured. The fix is exactly what you did: Make sure to download and install the fully featured driver. But none of that is obvious, you’d have to know or be told to do that.

More info:

https://www.macworld.com/article/2684309/the-trick-to-finding-the-right-printer-driver-for-your-mac....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines