Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon rebel t6i not tethering to lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just purchased a tethering cord (the specific cord for my camera) and am attempting to tether to lightroom with no luck. Lightroom keeps saying no camera detected. I've shut down lightroom, updated lightroom, shut down camera, and shut down computer and nothing has worked. Any ideas? I looked at the list of compatible cameras for tethering and canon rebel T6i is listed? I work on a macbook pro.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

I figured it out!!! The wifi was enabled on the camera, as soon as that was disabled lightroom was able to detect.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The T6i needs LR version 6.3 or higher.

A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom.

What exact number version of LR are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find the number version? It says 2015.8 release/ Camera raw 9.8

I just purchased it about 5 months ago and updated it today to the "newest" version, but I still can't find which version it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Lightroom CC 2015.8 installed, that is the newest and it should support tethering for your camera. What happens when you try to tether?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says "no camera detected", I've turned camera on and off and taken out the tethering cord several times. Even did a full computer shut down and lightroom shut down. Lightroom still cannot detect the camera? I'm using the Tether Pro USB 2.0 cable, which I read specifically supported my camera? So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the camera tether with the EOS Utility?

To use LR you need to shut down all other USB-type connections to the camera, including system-picture-transfer-type things and any Canon software, because these can attach to the camera and prevent LR from doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean shut down anything on the computer? or on the camera itself? Not sure what other connections would be open.

And the EOS utility? do you mean the cord that comes with the camera? That connects to the computer without a problem yes, but I've never tried it with lightroom. I use the SD card typically to upload photos. (Sorry, I've only been working with the camera and lightroom for 5 months, still learning)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried the cord that came with the camera and I have the same issue, no camera detected.

What else can I try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out!!! The wifi was enabled on the camera, as soon as that was disabled lightroom was able to detect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an FYI, the EOS Utility, is Canon-supplied software that came with the camera in the box, and has a tethering function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AWESOME! You're a lifesaver. I had the same probelem. I bought a cable today and still had to do my whole shoot without sync because I couldnt figure it out. I got home, serched videos and websites with no luck. Finaly in my frusteration I typed my question into the browser and got your answer. Thanks again for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me!  But I had one extra step- after I turned off my wifi, I needed to turn my camera off and then on again.  Once I did that, it worked.  thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Guys!!!  I was having the same issues and your help made it possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines