• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes to book not saved with October 2018 update

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated LR Classic CC and now the Book module does not save any changes.  I have restarted LR, restarted my computer, changed libraries but still can't update my book (particularly frustrating as I was almost finished.).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem from last update (oct 2018)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems; making changes in the book module sometimes don't stick at all and sometimes only stickS until I leave the Book module and then get lost when I leave it & return to it.  Changes to text, photos and formatting are not saved, and the module always opens at the same page in the book no matter what page I was on before leaving the book module.

I used the Book module in the previous version of LR very extensively and never had these problem before so it is definitely a bug in LR Classic CC v 8.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. However, I noticed that the changes are copied through in to a saved PDF of the book which suggests that they may also be sent to Blurb as long as you don't come out of Lightroom before sending it. Has anyone tried to send an edited book to them and if so can you confirm that the edits are still there?

This is a major problem for me and I am considering finding another supplier if Adobe don't sort it out quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone get an answer to this issue? Obviously a V8 issue that needs immediate rectification.

Tried upping and purging the cache as I saw someone advise however that did not work. Memory is laptop is plentiful.

I have over bugs such as image going green in colour with the V18 update.

Does anyone know if adobe is fixing this or how to revert back to the previous version? Can not seem to contact adobe. Grrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only current solution is to roll back to v7.5 which works fine (there are no catalog issues with rolling back), and v8.0 added nothing that matters so you aren't missing anything. For some it seems that rolling back to v7.5 than up to 8.0 again fixes it but not for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same bug with V8.0 in french language! Books not saved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with v8.2. Does anybody have a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was aware of the bugs in v8.0 for the Book module, but v8.2 is working ok for me.

Can you be more specific about the problem you are having with the Book module?

Can you post a screen-clip of your Saved Book Collection in the Collections panel?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a small clip to demonstrate the problem:

Whatever I change, if it is text or the position of an image, after I change the module and go back, it is lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your video I notice you are returning to the Book from the top menu.

Do NOT do that! (Except when starting a new book)

Always re-open your book by Double-clicking the SAVED BOOK COLLECTION, or one-click on the arrow that appears at the end of the Collection name when you hover the mouse cursor.

ScreenShot316.jpg

I think you will find it automatically saves correctly with this workflow.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! I will check if this works when I am at home and will write back.

Is this a new behavior? I worked with this workflow for a long time without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a new behavior?

Quite possibly.

The problem of pages 'not saving' in v8.0 were 'major' and the bugs may still be carrying over to v8.2

For example-

Lightroom Classic: Book module many problems | Photoshop Family Customer Community

I see you posted a reply as I type this.

I do know that re-opening a book from the top menu can make many images appear on the filmstrip that are not wanted in the book, and this 'annoyance' has been a change from past Lr versions. Re-opening from the Book Collection ensures that you will only ever see the images you have actually added to this 'Book' collection. But this is not your current problem with the text page.

I do not have an answer- sorry.

Confirm you are using v8.2 (and not 8.1) from the Menu/Help/System Info...

And try the (often suggested) steps to Reset the Preferences file, and a re-install of v8.2

Add a post at Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community to keep the topic fresh in front of Adobe staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the two method work. Same behavior by

Double-clicking the SAVED BOOK COLLECTION, or one-click on the arrow

My changes don't get saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines