• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Completely lost using LrC

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to start using LrC V14.0 on macOS Catalina v 10.15.7. When I open LrC, it opens on a window with Grid, Loup, Compare, Survey, Slideshow in the top bar.  No matter what I try, I cannot get to any other screen, like the first screen to begin setting up LrC presets. I've been trying to correct this problem for 3 days and have been getting so frustrated that I'm ready to call it quits and unsubscribe from Adobe completely.  I have used it in the past and it always worked, but not now.  I deleted all my previous catalogues and libraries to begin fresh, but I'm not able to do anything. Thanks in advance for any help getting me back to a clean slate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Have you tried resetting Lightroom Preferences as described in Methgod 1 at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no LrC 14.0. The current version is 10.1.1. So, what version are you really trying to use? And, are you signed in to your creative cloud account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  Using LrC 10.1.1 on my macOS Catalina, v 10.15.7. Presently signed in to Creative Cloud.  Alos using  2nd monitor/display to follow tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting Lightroom Preferences as described in Methgod 1 at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you vefry much, Ian.  That cured the problem.  And thank you to JimHess.  For some reason, when I opened the main screen, then clicked to File>New Catalog, the large grey screen jumped to Displat#2 and took over everything.  I had reied reset presets before, but it never worked.  Now it does, so thank yu both for getting me back on track.  Wheeewwweee!!  What a nerve-wracking experience.  Now I can get back to my photography sorting and presets in Lightroom, then get on to the actual Photoshopping. I do landscape, wildlife and astrophotographies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that, on the top bar, you don't have options for the develop module, the library module, etc.? If you right-click in that top bar area, can you select those options to be displayed? Or, is it possible that you have installed Lightroom, the cloud version? Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of your main interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sounds like you are using the Second screen feature on single monitor.

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 10.43.41 AM.jpg

If so, hit Command-f11 or click the 2 box on the bottom left if you can see it.

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 10.43.51 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, too, Bob.  I found that setting just a few minutes ago, after I managed to get the grey screen to dia

sappear, then I could see the 2 display icons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines